Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Defions Arms open gun reviews/experience?

Reloader98

Hey guys, 

I’ve been looking at this builder, Defions Arms, I’ll link the website below. I can’t seem to find anything about them besides their own Instagram profile. Does anyone have experience with them? Any problems? They have fantastic prices. About $4900 for gun without an optic. Most of them resemble the Atlas chaos or some of the Akai open guns. 

I wanted to get some opinions before I order one since their a good price, seem to run well (with what little info is out there about them), and generally look pretty bad ass. So if you have any experience with Defions Arms please let me know. I can’t really afford other open builders as I’m already selling a JL Hardy short and an STI DVC L in 40 with the island barrel to make the cost of this gun. 

https://defionsarms.com

2 hours ago, Reloader98 said:

Hey guys, 

I’ve been looking at this builder, Defions Arms, I’ll link the website below. I can’t seem to find anything about them besides their own Instagram profile. Does anyone have experience with them? Any problems? They have fantastic prices. About $4900 for gun without an optic. Most of them resemble the Atlas chaos or some of the Akai open guns. 

I wanted to get some opinions before I order one since their a good price, seem to run well (with what little info is out there about them), and generally look pretty bad ass. So if you have any experience with Defions Arms please let me know. I can’t really afford other open builders as I’m already selling a JL Hardy short and an STI DVC L in 40 with the island barrel to make the cost of this gun. 

Mmmm yeah I'm with @Sargeman. Check your pm.

2 hours ago, Reloader98 said:

Hey guys, 

I know him.  I haven’t shot any of his guns but I’ve seen his work.  They look like quality builds.   He use to be a shooter at bossier parish practical shooters at the Clark/miculek range.   He moved up north somewhere iirc.   Good guy, shoots a lot and builds open and limited blasters.  

53 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I would buy a used gun on these forums before I would buy from a company nobody has heard of and has virtually no reviews.

Thanks Sarge, I think your right, in fact the current open build I have (JLHardy shorty) is good but it’s just getting really old. I’m trying to find a decent one in that $4k - low $5k  price range. Personally I have already had a CZ and they just don’t fit my small hands. I know, I’ve been cursed with short Italian fingers. So CZ’s are great but not the way to go for me. 

I’ve been having a hard time trying to search for open guns specifically for sale. I keep getting thousands of results that aren’t related to open guns that are for sale ( a lot of questions about parts and reloading for them) .  Is there better ways to specifically search benos classifieds in a more specific manner to get better results or am I stuck searching a few hundred pages at a time?

*wave

Like I tell a lot of people,  you can't count on most people to do reviews!   Take it for what it's worth, I've had many shooters tell me it's their best gun among many quality guns.  I'm not here to advertise or promote myself.  But I stand by my product and have shooters all over the US and 2x international.  

Most people don't hang out in these forums anymore so there's that.  This is my full time profession now and only plan to continue to expand and grow.  If anyone wants to chat shoot me an email or look us up on fb/ig. 

9 hours ago, Reloader98 said:

Thanks Sarge, I think your right, in fact the current open build I have (JLHardy shorty) is good but it’s just getting really old. I’m trying to find a decent one in that $4k - low $5k  price range. Personally I have already had a CZ and they just don’t fit my small hands. I know, I’ve been cursed with short Italian fingers. So CZ’s are great but not the way to go for me. 

I’ve been having a hard time trying to search for open guns specifically for sale. I keep getting thousands of results that aren’t related to open guns that are for sale ( a lot of questions about parts and reloading for them) .  Is there better ways to specifically search benos classifieds in a more specific manner to get better results or am I stuck searching a few hundred pages at a time?

Just go to the classifieds section and scroll away. There is a venoms custom and an SV for sale. Or you can post a WTB ad in classifieds

I have two builds a middy open 9major with Holosun 510c mount and a limited 40 built by Defions Arms.  Best quality and workmanship. He spends the time on all the details. He has many shooters representing him across the country.  It’s his full time profession after retiring from service so I support the veteran owned company. 

12 hours ago, jbauman915 said:

*wave

Like I tell a lot of people,  you can't count on most people to do reviews!   Take it for what it's worth, I've had many shooters tell me it's their best gun among many quality guns.  I'm not here to advertise or promote myself.  But I stand by my product and have shooters all over the US and 2x international.  

Most people don't hang out in these forums anymore so there's that.  This is my full time profession now and only plan to continue to expand and grow.  If anyone wants to chat shoot me an email or look us up on fb/ig. 

Hey man! That is pretty cool that your here, I’m happy to be able to even communicate with a builder. I’m definitely considering yours because they not only look great but seem to function really well. How does you gun stack up against some of the others out there as far as return to zero? I did see the one slow mo video on I think it was IG but haven’t seen much besides that. Also what’s the warranty like ? If any. 

10 hours ago, BrokenGlassKids said:

I have had the pleasure of having Defions Arms do multiple projects for my son and me. I can say without any hesitation quality work and good prices. Bonus is being able to support a veteran owned business. Jason has built us a custom 2011 and customized multiple 1911’s and our shotguns for competition. 

That’s definitely nice to do. All though I never served, the community I’m from and 90% of my friends are military vets or combat veterans. Its nice to know I’m definitely supporting a veteran and their business if I decide to order one. 

5 hours ago, Sarge said:

Just go to the classifieds section and scroll away. There is a venoms custom and an SV for sale. Or you can post a WTB ad in classifieds

Thanks sarge! And sorry y’all for the late replies. I have to go to work  and they don’t let me use my phone. Gotta love retail! 

15 minutes ago, Reloader98 said:

Hey man! That is pretty cool that your here, I’m happy to be able to even communicate with a builder. I’m definitely considering yours because they not only look great but seem to function really well. How does you gun stack up against some of the others out there as far as return to zero? I did see the one slow mo video on I think it was IG but haven’t seen much besides that. Also what’s the warranty like ? If any. 

I'm very active on the normal social media's for my personal page and the business pages.  I need to be on here more interacting. Like many, I have been a lurker on here for ages.  Never saw need for an account tbh until a couple years ago.  Enos is a great repository of information and all that so I'll try.  I will say that all the custom houses like myself are great manufacturers and make beautiful guns.  The platform can only be so different from one variant to another.  The important things are what are you looking for in appearance, price range, wait times.  Even regional favorites with their cult like followings lol.  Before I made this full time I was doing it as side hustle while active and constantly deployed.   We also moved a couple times.  We are retired now and its full time and maybe I can get some of that regional following going up here in Area1 haha.  Right now I have shooters scattered all over.  Big take away is yeah, I am small and can maximum right now do 4 ish guns a month.  I've been able to maintain my 6-8 weeks lead on all but one order in the last 3 years due to customer wanting something specific that was out of stock for an eternity!  

We all started small and somewhere that isn't a mass production facility. That's me, 🤷🏼.  Shoot me a message in here, call me at website/Google phone number, or email me.  All that info is in my bio on here.  Yall have great day, I have a mill to run.  

3 hours ago, jbauman915 said:

I'm very active on the normal social media's for my personal page and the business pages.  I need to be on here more interacting. Like many, I have been a lurker on here for ages.  Never saw need for an account tbh until a couple years ago.  Enos is a great repository of information and all that so I'll try.  I will say that all the custom houses like myself are great manufacturers and make beautiful guns.  The platform can only be so different from one variant to another.  The important things are what are you looking for in appearance, price range, wait times.  Even regional favorites with their cult like followings lol.  Before I made this full time I was doing it as side hustle while active and constantly deployed.   We also moved a couple times.  We are retired now and its full time and maybe I can get some of that regional following going up here in Area1 haha.  Right now I have shooters scattered all over.  Big take away is yeah, I am small and can maximum right now do 4 ish guns a month.  I've been able to maintain my 6-8 weeks lead on all but one order in the last 3 years due to customer wanting something specific that was out of stock for an eternity!  

We all started small and somewhere that isn't a mass production facility. That's me, 🤷🏼.  Shoot me a message in here, call me at website/Google phone number, or email me.  All that info is in my bio on here.  Yall have great day, I have a mill to run.  

Been here in the forums for almost 20 years , Gary Natale has been building my Guns for the past 14-15 years has probably built me 20-24 guns over the years . Gary finally retired, i quit shooting for a few years but recently got back in the game....i was searching for a gun builder and even posted here in the forums asking for help here in finding one. ive messaged some builders here in the forums this past month some answered, some did not (maybe im not that important)

ive talked to Jason yesterday ,he spent the time answering my questions and concerns. (after 30+ custom gun builds i think i know what i like in my pistols) after everything i can tell you this  im ordering a Gun or Two from Jason this month.  if it all goes well i would like to order more. and have the same builder / shooter relationship i had with Gary. looking forward to your work Jason!!!

PS i was so impressed with Jason  that told a local shooter here to buy his in stock gun on the website and im sure he will be happy with it.( He found his website i just helped with research all credit goes to him)

Edited by ogiebb

31 minutes ago, ogiebb said:

Been here in the forums for almost 20 years , Gary Natale has been building my Guns for the past 14-15 years has probably built me 20-24 guns over the years . Gary finally retired, i quit shooting for a few years but recently got back in the game....i was searching for a gun builder and even posted here in the forums asking for help here in finding one. ive messaged some builders here in the forums this past month some answered, some did not (maybe im not that important)

ive talked to Jason yesterday ,he spent the time answering my questions and concerns. (after 30+ custom gun builds i think i know what i like in my pistols) after everything i can tell you this  im ordering a Gun or Two from Jason this month.  if it all goes well i would like to order more. and have the same builder / shooter relationship i had with Gary. looking forward to your work Jason!!!

PS i was so impressed with Jason  that told a local shooter here to buy his in stock gun on the website and im sure he will be happy with it.( He found his website i just helped with research all credit goes to him)

Thanks ogie, I’m happy so many people have had good experiences with Defions. And not to mention that he is here in this very forum post! I think I will be going with Defions. I’ll have to actually call him and talk for a bit to knock out some of the details but for the most part it seems like the way to go for me personally. 

all I have to do is sell a couple of my guns to get it. I’ll be selling a DVC-L island barrel in 40 and my JL Hardy shorty.  Once I sell those I’ll order it. 

thanks everyone for contributing, it’s been a big help. 

I'm the one @ogiebb is referring to and I took the plunge on an Anarchy. I used to be very wary of being the guinea pig, but when I finally tried it, the expeirience was good. The inherent risk remain there, but with each gamble in addition to the downside, there's an upside.  I can tell you since ordering, that Jason has been highly responsive via call and text, which is an incredibly reassuring sign. All the big name builders had their start and some point, and its necessary for a few to take the gamble in order to expose the quality of their work. I'm very hopeful about Defions and we're off to a great start.

Perhaps in several months I'll report back on my experience.

Well damn, all I’m seeing is nothing but good feedback from owners and alike. I think I’m gonna go with Defions for sure, now it’s just a matter of saving up, selling a couple guns, and putting in my order.

thanks guys!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 11:20 PM, Reloader98 said:

Well damn, all I’m seeing is nothing but good feedback from owners and alike. I think I’m gonna go with Defions for sure, now it’s just a matter of saving up, selling a couple guns, and putting in my order.

thanks guys!!! 

99% sure he just built one and it's waiting for your call.... I follow him on FB.

Good morning,

Throughout most of the year I can maintain the 8-9 weeks lead time.  This time of year gets real busy with season over and people looking for next year's tools.  I am sitting around 10 weeks right now as it's been picking up right on schedule.  Maybe/probably sooner but I like to leave buffer space if you know what I mean.  Feel free to reach out via email, phone, or website messenger for more info.  Happy to chat regularly with folks.  Breaks up the day of standing at mill! 

Jason Bauman

-Defions Arms