Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kidd's Custom Shop Pit Viper

XRe

Hi Todd,

Whew! I didn't figure that YOU did anything. I know Pat likes to tinker and so I figured he have done some home brew on it. It's kind of disappointing to see that the original trigger has been changed to a new SV one. I think Pat was telling me that the original one was made from the head of a toothbrush. :D Not totally sure though.

Like I said though....it looks pretty cool. How did I know you were going to go and get a 9 Major pistol. Very nice. You'll have to let me know how that goes.

Hope everything is well and hope to see y'all at Richmond/Yolo soon!

Take care,

Rich

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

It's most definitely a shorty. And, it most definitely ain't "ugh" :) From the breechface, my gun is only 5.75", with a 5" barrel. You'd probably see some side to side dot instability w/o the side ports (and you'd lose some of the RO-elimination feature, too.... :lol: ).

Shot it side by side w/ DJPolo's Dawson Ministroker this weekend, with a Major 3N37 load (his) and a major N350 load (mine). The results were quite interesting... In terms of dot movement, they were very close to the same - and Chet made the same comment I've always said about these guns, that the dot movement is very consistent and very straight up and down. My gun flips slightly more, and his gun ends up in your palm slightly more. My gun weighs several ounces less than his (he has a tungsten guide rod, longer comp, etc), we have different spring rates in our guns, and he's running an Alumabuff. So... short and light can definitely work - it's all in the engineering of the gun.... which we already knew, right??? ;)

Oh, and, man is new Major nice, or what?? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I shot 4 different 170PF loads in it this past weekend (first match shooting Open in, like, 7 years!). Took me a while to get dialed in. N105 was the clear winner (unfortunately for my checkbook). Soft as heck, flatter than the others. 7625 was also very soft, but more dot movement. 3N38 was more in my palm, but with less dot movement than 7625. N350 was harsher than the other three, having the dot movement of 7625, with slightly more in the palm than 3N38. N105 costs twice as much as 7625, in their respective charge weights :wacko:

So, I have some thinking to do. I'll probably load up some more N105 and 7625 loads and try to battle it out with them and see what I think...

• 3 months later...

Thanks, Harmon :) Finally starting to feel dialed in with this gun....

After the season's over (ie, after Open Nats), it's headed back to Rusty for a tune up and to get re-comped with the current 3 chamber comp, instead of the one chamber comp that's on it. Hoping to get a flatter shooting version of the same thing...

• 4 months later...
Dave that is a sweet looking gun. Damn near as sweet as my new racecar!LOL

Dang, Mark. That is sweet.

You too, Dave. ...the blaster that is. :ph34r:

Edit: Oops. ancient thread. It's early. Not enough coffee yet. Sorry.

Edited by Steve J