Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speaking if migraines...I rarely get them but that last one I got happend during a major one day "away" match.....I woke up with a migraine which had never happened before and then the rest of the day was shot...trying to shoot.

Regardless, one of the guys I was shooting with suggested getting a perscription for Imitrex. I got one but haven't had a migraine since...so I haven't had a chance to try it out...but I hear it works well.

Nolan who?

skilled & remarkable....I learned to stripe brass from him....I watched him shoot a course of fire with an airsoft without telling anybody he was gonna do it...yea, Nolan, thank god he doesn't shoot in production/L10, then we'd have to off him or something...

Welcome back...now get your brass off the range

mikey

Thread Drift:

Has anyone tried the herb feverfew for migranes? I have never had a migrane, but my wife gets them sometimes. Feverfew seems to help significantly.

Yes, it has some stimulant qualities and so is a vaso constrictor. Migraines work by a sudden dialtion of blood vessels in the head, so vaso constrictors help (including caffeine).

When I get a migrainem, I hit it with three barrels:

1) Imitrex nasal inhaler (20 mg)

2) Feverfew

3) Compazine

And tylenol/darvons for pain.

Don't know why compazine (an anti nasuea drug) is supposed to help, but the migraine doctor told me it has been shown to work. Couldn't hurt.

Holy cow bounty hunter - that's alotta drugs! Do they work? Have you tried them by themselves?

I've had the Imitrex but they took me off of it, decided that with the diabetes the heart attack risks increased to about 60% DOH! I'll have to see if the nasal spray has the same risks.

No pain killers work on mine, not even darvon!! I'm looking for a Doc that will prescribe morphine for me to try - but so far no one is willing. Obviously none of them have ever had a migraine!!!!!