Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZRT Guide Rod

Hooked

Hi all,

I just received a ZRT guide rod and 13# spring for my Q5 SF. Once installed, I noticed that it's really easy to bump the slide out of battery.

There seems to be about 1/8" play from the slide in the full forward position moving backwards until I start to feel any spring tension.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Edited by Hooked

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - with the lighter recoil spring, the striker spring strength can keep it from going into to

battery firmly.  The balance is tricky and I’m just now trying it again after giving up last season and just shooting my legion max.  

Try a 5lb (or so) Glock striker spring to see how it works for you.   

Hope this helps!

On 8/27/2022 at 10:12 PM, uhmeebuh said:

Yes - with the lighter recoil spring, the striker spring strength can keep it from going into to

battery firmly.  The balance is tricky and I’m just now trying it again after giving up last season and just shooting my legion max.  

Try a 5lb (or so) Glock striker spring to see how it works for you.   

Hope this helps!

Appreciate the help! At least I know the cause. Will try your suggestion.  Thanks again.

10 hours ago, Hooked said:

Appreciate the help! At least I know the cause. Will try your suggestion.  Thanks again.

This is the more "official" lightened striker but I've used a number of different glock springs successfully 🙂

https://benstoegerproshop.com/walther-ppq-canik-tp-series-29-newton-striker-spring-by-sprinco/

• 2 months later...

And actually have question about that rod, "Walther PPQ/PDP Uncaptured Stainless Guide Rod".

It's indicated that one size fits all PDP models. But PDP has 4", 4.5" and 5" barrels, so wondering, how recoil rod may be identical on all models ?

I use a sprinco lightened striker spring with the ZRT guide rod and 13 pound spring. Return to battery is much firmer than with the factory striker spring. I shoot ~130PF. Homa all PDP's have the same recoil assembly they just use plastic spacers at the front.