Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Email Won't Send....outlook, Etc.

BrianH

Seems to have started around the time of a Netscape install. PC won't send mail. Keep getting

553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts.

I don't even know what the fvuk that means; and this is the only pc I've seen this happen to. ISP says it's the computer, Microsoft says it's the ISP. Something changed and I haven't a clue what. Perhaps someone will know.....

Grashus.

This error is common to the exchange server.. not on your computer but one the smtp host your using... Do you own a domain name and have some company host it?

Try changing the smtp settings, you can change it to that of your local isp, domain name provider or any other smtp server you are related to

or you need to authenticate when using SMTP.

In the Internet E-mail settings (POP3) window, click "More settings" and open "Outgoing server" tab and check "My outgoing server SMTP requires authentication"

This is often caused by an ISP's "must check before send" policy. Basically when you successfully check for new messages, the server updates an "allow list" with your IP address. This allow list is used to tell the SMTP server whether or not you are allowed to send email through it. If you are not on the "allow list" the Exchange server will return this error. Try checking your email before you try to send out an email.

Another possibility is that your ISP has started capturing all port 25 traffic, and doesn't allow you to connect to your outside mail server anymore. I think sprint does this. For them you contact support and request an exeption. then they allow port 25 to your outside host (webhost, work, etc..) as long as you don't abuse it by exhibiting spam-like behavior.