Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Screw-y question mos plate and sro

rowdyb

Say I have a gen 5 g17 mos, the right oem mos plate and a trijicon sro. But then say I also have ZERO screws for attaching anything....

What would I need?? Two for the plate and two for the optic... size, thread, pitch, head?

Edited by rowdyb

1 hour ago, TheChewycookie said:

I don't remember the size of screws off the top of my head, but I have spare OEM MOS kits if you need them.

Yeah I have the trijicon oem mos plate, #02. The instructions say the size if the mos plate to slide screws. So I guess I need those screws and then the ones for the sro to the plate...

What do you recommend?

If you’re not set on using the MOS plate, check out Forward controls design plate. I’ve even using one for a while and it’s held up great. Extremely tight fit and comes with the screws you need. About 10k rounds and no problems. 

7 minutes ago, Eli_a said:

If you’re not set on using the MOS plate, check out Forward controls design plate. I’ve even using one for a while and it’s held up great. Extremely tight fit and comes with the screws you need. About 10k rounds and no problems. 

I'm currently using a chwps plate but am looking at a back up set up. Thus the question about stuff I already have laying around. I will look at your item for a new set up.

Second FCD. Great customer service. I have four of them. I wanted a better fit from two of them - probably my OCD. They were immediately exchanged no questions asked. They've been solid for 10K+ rounds. I've heard some complaints about CHWPS customer service.

BTW, I've had two MOS plates sheer the mounting screws flush with the slide (with proper torque of 13-15 inch-lbs). I think there's just too much play with the OEM plate in the MOS cut.