Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz tso magazine issues

Boo

So I have a new tso in 9mm with about 500ish rounds on it. I have been getting a bunch of failure to feed issues on the first 1 or 2 rounds out of a magazine.  When running a course and doing a mag change it happens on a fresh mag in a stage. I have numbered my mags and it is consistent across all mags.

The mags are capable of loading 20 and the 20th round seems stiff to get in, could this be the problem? I will try running 19 at the match this weekend to see if that improves.

Any suggestions on what to do or look for in these factory stock mags?

Mags may need to be tuned.  I had the same issues especially using extensions.  And it's always within the first few rounds.  With a fully loaded mag is there a gap between the first and second round?  If so then you need to tune the mag.

How I did it was using two round punches(forget the sizes but will check when I get home).  Placed each of them in the groove at mag release cut on each side and put in a vice.  Dont go past the bottom of the mag release cut.  Slowly close the vice to pinch down on the mag.

You need to do this with a fully loaded mag because you'll start seeing the top two rounds push up and begin touching each other.  Than I loosen the vice.  Repeat a few times as the metal will spring back a bit.  Sometimes I crank down on the vice and leave it overnight.

All my 20, 23 and 28 rounds mags run flawlessly after tuning

Edited by sandflea316
Grammer

Thanks for the advice. I take it you are closing down the feed lip gap?

On our weekly league night, when I load 6 rounds in the mag, it runs perfectly. I only seem to have issues with a fully loaded mag of 20 rounds in a stock mag.

1 hour ago, yigal said:

did u switch  mag release to other side for left hand shooting?

if not your mags need tuning.

No, the mag release is on the left side for a right handed shooter. I am trying to keep this gun as stock as I can.

Any tips on tuning the mags?

26 minutes ago, Boo said:

No, the mag release is on the left side for a right handed shooter. I am trying to keep this gun as stock as I can.

Any tips on tuning the mags?

I made some accessories to fix them. But it's hard for me to explain. Do a search on the forum and see how others did it.