Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320 And 230gr. Hcl

BroncoGlenn

Anybody have any suggested loads for VV N320 and 200 (SWC) and 230 (ball) grain hard casts?

Still waiting to shoot the N320 with my 230gr FMJ loads (5.0gr) but that N320 sure does meter very well through the Dillon measure.

Edited by BroncoGlenn

I found that N 320 would make Major 170 Power Factor with 4.2 grains and a 230 grn Lean RN out of my 625.

Amazing! I need 5.2 grain of N320 to push my Copper plated bullets to 177PF Major.

I never expected the difference between lead and jacketed/plated to be that big.

I found that N 320 would make Major 170 Power Factor with 4.2 grains and a 230 grn Lean RN out of my 625.

For minor I used 3.2 grains and it was very pleasant to shoot.

AzShooter, I tried the 4.2 grain load and man is it soft. Catching feathers soft. I'm definitely going to have to put them over the chrono because I just have a hard time believing they come close to making major they are that soft. I fired 350 of these loads the other day and (and 200 of a 5.0/230gr. jacketed load) over a couple hours and I wasn't the least bit tired. Loaded up the rest of what I had on hand and ordered another 4 lbs. from Powder Valley.

I need at least 4.8 to 5.0 to get major (165+) out of two Para P14s and two Smith 625s. These are my brothers guns and mine(one Para and one 625 each). We are shooting the 230g Montana Golds complete metal jacket. Hope this helps...DVC John

• 3 weeks later...