Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jason Ohio

Jjju187

Hi,

I have been following and learning from this forum for many years. With the wealth of knowledge available I didn’t have the need to post any questions, but recently wanted to get active on here as I’m getting more involved and committed to USPSA. I have been shooting USPSA for 4 seasons, but haven’t shoot too many matches the last two years. I have Don (Venom Custom) building me a 2011 limited and looking to come back full steam. I have been a member out at Briar Rabbit in Zanesville for about 8 years. Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself and I hope to see you at the range!
-Jason

Edited by Jjju187

2 hours ago, Jjju187 said:

Not this year, but I will likely be attending as my good friend Is going to compete. 

If you have the gear, the ammo, and have been to a few matches (so you know how things basically work) there's no reason to not shoot it.

Are you aware of the new club called Cardinal Practical Shooters?  They hold their matches at the Cardinal Shooting Center in Marengo, about 30 - 40 min north of you on I-71.  The big RV campground that you see from 71 on exit to state rout 61 is actually a huge shooting sports park.

@IL-SIG is the match director.

Yes. Just found out about them recently and then shot the last match up there. Awesome place. Unfortunately I did a slide lock reload on my P320 .40 on my third stage and it bent the fcu bar bad enough to make the gun stop functioning, so didn’t get to finish. Having two matches a month available within an hour is one of the big reasons I’m getting more into it again.

1 hour ago, Jjju187 said:

Yes. Just found out about them recently and then shot the last match up there. Awesome place. Unfortunately I did a slide lock reload on my P320 .40 on my third stage and it bent the fcu bar bad enough to make the gun stop functioning, so didn’t get to finish. Having two matches a month available within an hour is one of the big reasons I’m getting more into it again.

There is also Crawford County Sportsmens Club, which has matches on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays.  That's also within an hour of C-bus.

And come October through March join us at Midwest Shooting Center in Cridersville for indoor matches on the 2nd Sunday of the month.  Each squad has its own start time starting at 7:30 I believe, all the way to 11 AM.  And this is not the typical indoor range you might be thinking of........it will blow your mind.