Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Made The Best Of It Even In The Heat

AzShooter

It only managed to make 101 degrees today by the end of the Steel Challenge Match but it was the first weekend with such high temperatures and I wasn't ready.  I had my Chilly Vest and Hat with a fan as well as a 6 pack of Gatorade.  I needed more.  

I did manage to win my class and had a couple of personal bests.  I did blow Pendulum and Outer Limits.  They were my first two stages and I was still a little nervous. Trying to get to B class, the only stage I've made it with so far has been OL.  Very close on the rest.

I tried a new pair of Altamont grips today instead of my normal Hogue Big Butt grips.  I like the purchase and was able to get my little finger on the grip better.  I also had my strong side thumb better and it felt like it was going to pay off.  Only problem was at the end of the day I had a blister on my strong hand.  Either I'll sand them down or just return them.

I did find a pair of Pachmeyer Signature Grips in my old grip box.  They feel good so I'll take them out later this week and test them.