Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacing safety on Phoenix Redback

Does anyone have a video on replacing the left hand safety on the Phoenix Redback?  Based on the parts list, there is a safety lever spring and safety lever plunger on the left side, which I assume act like the CZ safety detent.  But I can’t see them with the slide removed like I can on a CZ.

Edited by bigdave24

On 5/11/2022 at 11:07 AM, bigdave24 said:

Does anyone have a video on replacing the left hand safety on the Phoenix Redback?  Based on the parts list, there is a safety lever spring and safety lever plunger on the left side, which I assume act like the CZ safety detent.  But I can’t see them with the slide removed like I can on a CZ.

The spring and plunger are set inside the actual safety. Once you start pulling it out, put your hand over the top, otherwise they'll go flying.

18 hours ago, bigdave24 said:

Fluffybadbad, are they difficult to get back in? How is the right hand safety held in?

It took me a bit of effort to push the spring and plunger into the safety so I could push the safety back into place.

I think the right side safety is held in place by the left side safety.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 4:22 PM, bigdave24 said:

Fluffybadbad, are they difficult to get back in? How is the right hand safety held in?

right side safety just needs to be rotated in order to go in, then is held in place by left safety--just like the shadow 2.

to get the spring and plunger back in, I usually compress it with a tiny flat head while pushing the safety back through