Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Built a new PCC & I'm excited to get it rolling this week

I will be sighting it in at, I believe, 25 yards, for best use between USPSA & Steel Challenge.

Pics:

https://imgur.com/a/C1iJFb5

Important Parts List:

Parts:

Rainier Arms Ultramatch 10.7”

Maxamundi Compensator + 6” shroud p&w

Smoke composites carbon fiber handguard

JP short stroke enhanced bolt

Kynshot SS Buffer + Sprinco Orange

Elftmann PCC trigger

Vltor A5 buffer tube

Cerakote by SC ARMS

Angstad upper & lower receiver

AEMS Optic

12 hours ago, 42Danis said:

I will be sighting it in at, I believe, 25 yards, for best use between USPSA & Steel Challenge.

Pics:

Important Parts List:

Parts:

Elftmann PCC trigger

Vltor A5 buffer tube

Cerakote by SC ARMS

AEMS Optic

Looks like a solid build! I've been trying to find one of those Maxamundi Comps and handguards for a while, but they are never in stock. 

13 hours ago, 42Danis said:

Pics:

Important Parts List:

Parts:

Elftmann PCC trigger

Vltor A5 buffer tube

Cerakote by SC ARMS

AEMS Optic

Just out of curiosity from a complete PCC novice, why go for a short barrel + long shroud, as opposed to just a longer barrel?

30 minutes ago, Blackstone45 said:

Just out of curiosity from a complete PCC novice, why go for a short barrel + long shroud, as opposed to just a longer barrel?

Lighter weight out front = faster target transitions 

You see a few companies like JP and Taccom that make little 3-5" barrels with 16" shrouds permanently attached for legal length, they run really well for steel challenge, where speed is everything. I don't particularly care for that style, as I haven't shot a steel challenge match in 12 years, and that barrel length would not be as well suited for USPSA or 3gun where the shots go out past 10 yards. This setup with the 10" barrel and the longer compensator gives you a middle ground between the short barrel with a shroud and a full 16" barrel, a bit of the best of both worlds. You still get a little weight out front to help you keep on target for longer shots without feeling the weight of a 16" barrel when you are transitioning. 

1 hour ago, Blackstone45 said:

I tried that.  It didn't work for me and I went back to the 16" lightweight barrel with a Smoke Composite handguard.  Much better balance.

The idea of using a 5 or 5.5" barrel with a shroud, aside from the lighter weight, was so you could use the same load as your Production or Carry Optics gun.  I shoot Open, so that reasoning didn't apply to me.  I bought it for faster transitions.  It made the front end too light.  I moved up a class when I switched back to the 16.

On 4/22/2022 at 8:21 AM, bulldog009 said:

Looks like a solid build! I've been trying to find one of those Maxamundi Comps and handguards for a while, but they are never in stock. 

Thank you! Yeah - I lucked out & was able to snag them all together and send Brekke my Rainier barrel. I wanted something as an intermediary that would work for both SC & USPSA and I think the 10.7" barrel was the best option. Gun weighs 6lbs total, so it's really not bad at all.

Now I need to read up on how to get good at PCC in USPSA