Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HELP Factory TS followers getting stuck at bottom of mag

soulbyte

Hi all. I'm running brand new TS 40 mags with new CZC basepads. When loading them all up to test capacity 3 of five mags the factory follower will get stuck at the very bottom of the mag body. Even broke a new follower when tapping mag to get the follower unstuck. Shot through the top of the mag destroying the follower. Tried oiling the inside of the mag body to help to no avail. What's going on here?

47 minutes ago, soulbyte said:

Hi all. I'm running brand new TS 40 mags with new CZC basepads. When loading them all up to test capacity 3 of five mags the factory follower will get stuck at the very bottom of the mag body. Even broke a new follower when tapping mag to get the follower unstuck. Shot through the top of the mag destroying the follower. Tried oiling the inside of the mag body to help to no avail. What's going on here?

I assume you are usingCZC basepads are adding capacity. If that's the case, usually the advice is to upgrade the springs and followers to Grams Engineering. The follower is smaller in design, and the springs are part of the complete package.

9 hours ago, soulbyte said:

I just ordered the CZC spring and follower kits

The CZC springs are weaker than factory.  They will lose power much sooner than factory if loaded fully, and the last round will not rise high enough to be stripped.  They also compress more, allowing an additional round to be loaded.  If you don't load that additional round, the springs will last longer.

15 hours ago, zzt said:

The CZC springs are weaker than factory.  They will lose power much sooner than factory if loaded fully, and the last round will not rise high enough to be stripped.  They also compress more, allowing an additional round to be loaded.  If you don't load that additional round, the springs will last longer.

Thank you for the insight. I'll keep that in mind. Reading a lot of experiences with the CZC spring and follower on the board, in hindsight I'm thinking I should have gone with the grams kit. I read somewhere they might be the same kit?