Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload bench creations.

gnappi

I'm  loading a long, L-O-N-G time, I have a couple of little bits I genned up to make it a tad easier.

The coffee container is useful as a small batch "tumbler" of sorts when I don't want to take the big Dillon rotary case separator down. All I needed was a stainless dog bowl from the thrift store, a 1/4" drill bit, and a dremel sanding drum to deburr it. 

The Star lubrisizer plate I drew up and had a local machinist make it for me. One for 9mm/super, one for .40/10mm, one for .45 calibers. With powder coating I no longer needed left side access screw to purge wax lube and the three sizers take less space.

The Acro bins are mounted to a cheap "L" bracket bought at the local Lowes or Home Depot for about $4.00 instead of nearly $50 for the Acro part.

Easy access shell holder storage from smallest to largest. 

I used to make my speed loader holders from an oak plank before I discovered 5 star holders. Not cheap but they work 🙂 

I'd like to see your ideas.

coffee_can_strainer.jpg

star_sizer_plate_r.jpg

shell_holder_storage_r.jpg

5-star-holders.jpg

wood_speedloader_holder_r.jpg

Creativity is part of the fun of reloading.  I also repurpose things.  I use a wire basket my wife had in the kitchen to display/hold fruit as the media separator. I use a cheap plastic tub to hold the wire basket and collect the media when I shake it out of the cases.  

my bullet tray is the plastic top of a coffee can.  I needed something with low sides to keep the Bullets in place but I did not want to have to reach down into a tub to get a bullet.  

Put a mirror the wife no longer uses above the case feeder so I can see how much brass is in there.  

19 hours ago, Rustygun said:

Creativity is part of the fun of reloading.  I also repurpose things.  I use a wire basket my wife had in the kitchen to display/hold fruit as the media separator. I use a cheap plastic tub to hold the wire basket and collect the media when I shake it out of the cases.  

my bullet tray is the plastic top of a coffee can.  I needed something with low sides to keep the Bullets in place but I did not want to have to reach down into a tub to get a bullet.  

Put a mirror the wife no longer uses above the case feeder so I can see how much brass is in there.  

Put a mirror the wife no longer uses above the case feeder so I can see how much brass is in there.  I like this.