Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

a way to try Armanov grips cheap

obsessiveshooter

Armanov grips come in lots of colors and thicknesses.  The less popular colors can sometimes be found on Amazon for super cheap.  I bought these medium/short CZ grips in purple for $20.  

Easy Off oven cleaner removes the dye in the anodizing in just a few minutes.  Now they are an innocuous silver, and I can use Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black to make them my first choice of color. 

I also ordered the Toni Systems czechmate aluminum magwell in a goofy in-stock color, instead of waiting 6 weeks for the color I really want.  same plan.  

16447201199257758204296130770995.jpg

I've never tried lok, my previous grips were the cz factory rubber, with silicon carbide applied.  I'd say these are equal in the way they hold onto your hand.  For me, they are ideal.   I have the hands of a tradesman though, so the peaks of the grip don't bother me at all. Someone with softer hands might not enjoy them. I bought these grips and my magwell just to spiff up my pistol. 

BTW, through this experiment I learned that not all anodizing is equal.  The purple on my Armanov grips came off completely in 2 minutes.  The orange anodizing on my Toni Systems magwell took 6 applications and an hour of the Oven Cleaner to remove the color.  I can't say enough good things about the quality of the design and finish of the Toni Systems stuff.   

• 2 weeks later...