Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VR-80 Elftmann trigger light primer strikes

ekeith44

Hello to all! I am from Austria (Home of the Glock) and I am new in this forum.

I own a Derya Mk12 which is to my knowledge pretty much the same gun as the VR-80 . I built in an Elftmann Trigger which is a really nice piece of craftmanship. Unfortunately I‘m facing frequent issues with light primer strikes. Anyone here who is/was facing the same problem? Maybe with the original trigger as well?

Regards

ekeith44

A couple things happen here, most common is that the hammer springs are binding in the front corners of the receiver. ELF will suggest stronger springs, that actually makes it worse not better. To ensure 100% reliability I have milled material out of the area where the springs bind on the receiver in all 3 of my guns. They are now perfect with the standard spring. I did also have one situation where the hammer was dragging on the trigger itself but I think that was caused by the way Hayes sets theirs up to reduce overtravel and not getting it tuned quite right. I replaced the safety barrel with the taccom short throw and it was fixed. 

22 hours ago, inertia said:

A couple things happen here, most common is that the hammer springs are binding in the front corners of the receiver. ELF will suggest stronger springs, that actually makes it worse not better. To ensure 100% reliability I have milled material out of the area where the springs bind on the receiver in all 3 of my guns. They are now perfect with the standard spring. I did also have one situation where the hammer was dragging on the trigger itself but I think that was caused by the way Hayes sets theirs up to reduce overtravel and not getting it tuned quite right. I replaced the safety barrel with the taccom short throw and it was fixed. 

Hi Inertia!

Is it possible, that you share a picture where exactly the lower receiver has to be milled out?