Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Platform Information

HOGRIDER

Since the S2 Orange is my first CZ pistol, I'm now seriously looking at the A01-LD OR from CZ Custom for Carry Optics.

Can someone enlighten my as to what family/platform the A01-LD is based on?  IOWs, is the grip frame a 75, SP-01, Shadow, Shadow2, etc?

Thanks for the education!

:)

My 2 pesos......

Find another S2 and have it milled then get all the fancy internal work done or find  a S2 Optic Ready.  It will keep the frame the same for your grip and all the controls will be in a familiar position.  Overall weight will basically be the same and you can use the same holster.

Went by Shooter's Connection yesterday and got to personally handle an A01-LD OR.  They have the blue finish and the hard chrome.  Have to say it is truly an awesome feeling pistol!  I would think shooting standard PF 9mm would feel like shooting 22lr!

SC claims the A01 is a specific platform that does not share grip frame/grips with any other CZ.  I had also asked the same to Stuart at CZC, and he replied:

The ergonomics of the A01 is similar to other CZs. But the grip is its own design.

The grips are specific to the pistol.

Thanks to everyone that replied!

👍