Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic Front Sight

bompa

I realise that this gun will never be used in any divison but I like it for a carry and house gun..This gun is a Sigma from S&W..The problem is I need a fiber optic front sight and nobody makes one for this model.. It being so similar to the Glock that I wondered if a sight made for the Glock could be used.. Hopefully someone here might have some thoughts on this subject and can help me..

Must say also that I like the Sigma over the Glock because it feels better in hand..The fact that the Glock cannot be sold new in this state has nothing to do with it..Also I am a lead bullet shooter...

After I say you definitately don't need a fiber optics front sight, I didn't make GM in limited until I ditched the FO sight, they are simple to make with a couple tiny drill bits and a file.

Drill a hole the size of the fiber optic you would like to use parallel with the top of the sight. Next use a next sized up drill bit and drill a countersink at the hammer end of the gun. Last use a flat file to remove create a notch in the middle of the sight.

Good luck.

I realise that this gun will never be used in any divison but I like it for a carry and house gun..This gun is a Sigma from S&W..The problem is I need a fiber optic front sight and nobody makes one for this model.. It being so similar to the Glock that I wondered if a sight made for the Glock could be used.. Hopefully someone here might have some thoughts on this subject and can help me..

Must say also that I like the Sigma over the Glock because it feels better in hand..The fact that the Glock cannot be sold new in this state has nothing to do with it..Also I am a lead bullet shooter...

Don't know if your sight is removable without damaging, if it is send it to me with a post paid return envelope and I'll install a .040 optic for you.

Sigma is not a very popular gun guru tinkering platform. I say save your money and buy ammo. I have run the gamut of sights looking for an edge. Fiber optic fronts stand out a little in dim light but if you time yourself you'll find they dont really do much. I have used tritium, fiber optic, express lines dots etc etc. Give me a wide U notch rear and a blade front. I might throw some white paint on the front but might not. Oh and all steel no screws clickers or nobs.

Front sight seems to be plastic and heat welded to slide,thanks for the offer though..

Really need something up front that these old eyes can pick up..Have red dot sights on most all other handguns..Just want something that will help the Sigma when it is the carry gun of choice over the Colt 380's..

Edited by bompa