Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Curious

2MoreChains

I shoot a CZ Shadow 2, but in the last year I became Beretta-curious, esp. the LTT Elite.  So I got one that had LTT’s trigger job done to it.  Been playing around with springs, dropped in the 12# mainspring and 11 lb recoil from LTT, and have a 10 lb recoil on order (130 PF ammo).  I like the gat, a little bulkier than the S2 with Lok grips, but I can still get my paws around it.  DA/SA is nice and I like the G-model decocker.  Thinking it’ll be one of the guns I shoot Production and SSP with.  

Only annoyance is POI is low at 15 yds on out to 25.  At first I thot it was me, but I shot it from a rest as well as in a match and it is consistently hitting low.  I read that some people have experienced the same issue.  Stock rear sight appears to be .290”T and some people recommend the .305”T that Wilson sells.  Alternatively I guess I could install a lower front sight.  Stock front sight seems to be .150”T and I believe Dawson sells a .140” and a .130” front sight for the Vertec slide.  

Thoughts?  

Edited by 2MoreChains

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 1:08 PM, 2MoreChains said:

I shoot a CZ Shadow 2, but in the last year I became Beretta-curious, esp. the LTT Elite.  So I got one that had LTT’s trigger job done to it.  Been playing around with springs, dropped in the 12# mainspring and 11 lb recoil from LTT, and have a 10 lb recoil on order (130 PF ammo).  I like the gat, a little bulkier than the S2 with Lok grips, but I can still get my paws around it.  DA/SA is nice and I like the G-model decocker.  Thinking it’ll be one of the guns I shoot Production and SSP with.  

Only annoyance is POI is low at 15 yds on out to 25.  At first I thot it was me, but I shot it from a rest as well as in a match and it is consistently hitting low.  I read that some people have experienced the same issue.  Stock rear sight appears to be .290”T and some people recommend the .305”T that Wilson sells.  Alternatively I guess I could install a lower front sight.  Stock front sight seems to be .150”T and I believe Dawson sells a .140” and a .130” front sight for the Vertec slide.  

Thoughts?  

Beretta's are usually set up to "drive the dot"... e.g. the dot is where the POI occurs at 15 and out... Some folks like that.

Other folks swap for the .305" and carry on... 

The stock LTT front sight is .145". 

Dawson's partridge front sight is .140" and works really nice, but the LTT sight works well too ... 

@Less, appreciate the response, esp since the .305”T sight seems to be named after you…

Irons are moot point now, I sent my slide off to LTT last week to be milled for RDO.  I’ve come to accept that me old eyes are not what they used to be.