Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New TSO 40 came with frame to magewell blended

Kmargetta

Long time member, I usually read up and find what I need so not much posting but thought this was of interest. 

New in box CZ TSO 40 has blended frame to mag well. I've seen the pics of early TSO and the grinding people do to blend it to the frame. 

Looks like CZ listened.  

Weight is 47 oz with empty mag and everything else appears to be the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9t193inuxplrj3/2021-10-22 15.02.18.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Kmargetta

That's one of the cleanest mag well fits I have seen from the factory.  I wonder if that was a recent lot and they updated the CNC program to get a closer fit.  Be interesting to match the ext well up to an older ext well and also the handgun mag ports up see what's changed.

Wow. Yea. Mine looked nothing like that. Was a huge lip. Took a dremel to it and blended it in. I didn’t bother to take the time to polish it after blending, it’s a tool that’s gonna get banged up anyway, but it’s smooth as can be. 

Mines a 2019 I believe? It’s one of the newer ones with he updated mag release and metal trigger.

11 minutes ago, George16 said:

I’m glad CZ is listening to their customers. I also have to use a dremel to blend the mag well on my TSO.

4-CD975-F5-7-E17-4694-855-F-E6-EB74-DBCE

I picked up a 9mm TSO in June had the blended magwell so they’ve been good to go for awhile now. But George16, that’s a heck of a good blending job with your Dremel!

4 minutes ago, VigilAndy said:

I picked up a 9mm TSO in June had the blended magwell so they’ve been good to go for awhile now. But George16, that’s a heck of a good blending job with your Dremel!

Thanks. The different grit of sanding drums made it easy in blending it really well.