Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American select 125 grn fp acme coated lead

tk71

Alliant says reduce by 10% for a start load... But also be mindful of the oal listed for that data. 

Also keep in mind that max for 9mm (and 9mm only) is saami max. Almost every single gun is built and sprung to shoot at least +p, if not +p+.

Still follow good load development practices, but your min charge is 4.2gr and max is 4.7... I'd load 4.4 without so much as a second guess, so long as you're meeting oal mins. 

For 9mm the only time I would use min data is when my oal is shorter than published data. 

Been using american select for a while in my 9mm 147, good powder with no issues, aprox 3.5 gr in 9mm 147 blue bullet, 130 pf  1.111 oal  I had 8 pounds from my trap shooting days, 20 year old jug, works perfect 3/4's gone so far lol

• 10 months later...

3.5gr makes minor in 9mm with the Lee 358-125RF, crimp in the groove. I use those in 38spl with AmSel also, and only go to 4.2gr max.  Works real good. Amselect is a great powder for lower pressure pistol like 38spl, but I would not push it too fast. Step up to Unique or w231 for more speed, and then Power Pistol for even more speed at +P pressures.