Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need longest +0 basepad that will extend beyond a Dawson Ice magwell on Gen3 Glock34.

Cuz

Title says it all, I am looking for some aluminum base pads to use on standard Glock magazines.  Dawson makes an EZ-off that is .300 longer than standard base plate.  Taylor Freelance has some that Robin says are 3/16" long.  Taran has some, and others.  I'm only looking for a base pad that will extend beyond flush with my Dawson Ice magwell to make reloads faster/easier.  Not worried about fitting in a box or anything.  I would love to see some of these pads installed on a mag and inserted in a gun with Ice magwell if possible. 

Edit: looks like Carver also makes one, anyone have any experience with it???

Oh, and lastly, they have to work with the Glock OEM spring retainer as the part that has the little button that holds the mag in place.

Thanks.

-Cuz

Edited by Cuz

Ok, so after less than an hour of research, and an incredible lack of patience, I ended up ordering a bunch of the Dawson .300 base pads from Chuck at Shooters Connection.  I figure, as best I can tell, most of the others were .25" long, and Dawson says there's are .300" longer than stock base pad, and if I have to take a chance on one of them working with the Dawson Ice magwell, I may as well try the Dawson pads to start.

I still welcome input from anyone, as most of my best research is normally done after I place an order since I have nothing to do while I wait to receive my order...

2 hours ago, MarilynMonbro said:

I use the .300 basepads with the same magwell on a 34.5. Fit is fine 👍🏽

Thanks.  Mine should arrive tomorrow so I should get to play with them over the weekend, hopefully. 

On 8/19/2021 at 8:00 AM, MarilynMonbro said:

I use the .300 basepads with the same magwell on a 34.5. Fit is fine 👍🏽

yup, they will be perfect. They extend just about .25” below the magwell, and also assist with pulling mags from my belt. At 30 grams they add about the same weight as 2 1/2 rounds of ammo. 

Thanks.