Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magnum Research build???

JDIllon

Just built up a Magnum Research Switch Bolt. Couldn’t fine one with the Axiom stock! So I bought the one with finger hole didn’t like it. So changed to the Axiom stock! Really like the adjustments and the reduced weight. 4.2 lbs with Holosun 510C. Feels great at the range! Haven’t shot in in event yet? Using MR trigger for now? 
Curious about anyone else using MR and their set up’s? JD 

The MR is good.  I've gotten to play around with it in the Axiom stock and in a tacsol stock.  I've dressed it in the carbon fiber barrel and in a Wiland barrel.  The only negatives for me:  the rail seems to high for me, and the shape of the trigger guard precludes the use of many after market magazine releases.  The trigger itself is fine, and the barrel with the carbon fiber is really excellent.  

All that said - if it fits you and it ejects and loads reliably then RUN it.  It's a good gun, and will give you years of service.

I have 2 Magnum Research switchbolts.  Both are set up with the Wiland chassis.  Both have Kidd triggers.  Really like the rifles and the adjustability of the Wiland Chassis.  I am running RTS2 red dots on both - 8 moa.  I use these rifles for Steel Challenge.  Very happy with them.