Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Running a Glock with NO Trigger Return Spring?

Icantdrive75

I've been screwing up Glocks for going on a decade now, and I'm surprised I've never tried this before. I just picked up a 19 that had a full spring kit and an Agency trigger. Put it back to factory apart from the Agency and connector and thought, "still a little mushy, wish I had a NY spring to try" when I realized, why don't I just pull the spring out entirely so I'm somewhere in between a NY spring and a factory? Well I did, and I like it, pulls consistently right at 5.5lbs. But there's gotta be something I'm missing, some scenario where having the trigger bar not connected to some sort of spring might be unreliable or unsafe, right? Ideas?

11 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

Try a slide lock reload. 

What he said....

About the only time that your scenario will likely fail is when the slide is cycled, the trigger is to the rear, and no finger pressure is being exerted against the trigger face.  A "Load and Make Ready" action or a slide lock reload are the two times I can think of where these three conditions are satisfied.

(During firing, the "finger pressure being exerted against the trigger face" will reset the trigger.  It's a design feature to enable the gun to run if the coil spring was to break.)

I have heard anecdotal tales of "a New York trigger spring, just the plastic part with the coil spring removed from it" giving a reliable trigger without much of an increase in trigger effort.

20210714_080252.jpg