Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being back in Arizona

belus

A new job has finally brought me back to AZ. Temperature went over 110F this week in Tucson and I don't resent it at all. Our offer on a house was accepted and we're putting down roots with my young family.

I previously lived about a decade in the Phoenix area and while I liked the state and being able to get out into the wilderness easily, I didn't really like the city. Tried living in Houston, Texas the last four years, and while the extra diversity of people was great, it was hard to get into nature. SE Texas is big and has space, but they don't really get the concept of public land. Too much is private property and there are fences everywhere. I think I'll miss hearing so much Tagalog at matches though.

So I'm happy to be back and settling just north of Tucson. My wife, a native Texan from Houston, is beginning to fall in love with the desert too: we see a lot more wildlife here.

Probably won't be making it to matches until late August, but I'm looking forward to reviving the hobby.

• 2 years later...

I'm enjoying living 20 minutes from Dillon and 15 away from Timney. No more having stuff shipped and waiting. I work from home so its an EASY excuse to get out of the house. Both have excellent staff and service. Of course there are other great local vendors too but those are my 2 favs.