Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hope I Did Not Goof Too Badly.....

686+

I could not find any used 1100 or 11-87 locally for cheap so I found a Remmington Sprotsman 12 for a very good price. The gun was listed as 90%, and I found it to have nice blue, decent wood, a ventr rib barrell and it did not look used much.

.....So I picked it up for 250 plus the other fees. For the money the gun is really nice,

but:

Will it work as a 3G shotgun? :blink:

Remmingtons website list that Sportsman will work with 1100 parts, but not sure if they mean the current Sportsman or all years.

If it will work then I guess I just need an EZ loader, a mag tube extension, a side sadle for the shells and to have the barrell cut shorter.

So, did I goof? :(:wacko::mellow::blink::huh:

I know for a fact a "SPORTSMAN" will indeed work. My brother has been using one for years. It is indeed an 1100 ALL parts fit because it IS an 1100 just badged cheaper and BTW My brothers came in wood!! KURTM

BTW, I have a Remington Sportsman 78 rifle that is for all intents and purposes a 700. It takes 700 parts and shoots just as well as any 700 I have tried at 30% less cost. It aint' as purty' as a 700, but it works just as well putting lead downrange.

Kurt, my guess is that the Sportsman used to have wood furniture when it was an 1100 derivative, but that the plastic is a recent change because the Sportsman is now an 11-87 line option only: http://www.remington.com/products/firearms...uns/model_1100/

--

Regards,

When Big Green (that's remington for those of you in Rio Linda) adds "Sportman" to one of their products it is normally a watered down version of one of their upper end models. Back in the heyday of the 1100 a Sportsman was the lesser expensive version without the glossy blue finish and with a cheaper grade wood or synthetic stock. The new 11-87 Sportsman shotguns are nothing but a 11-87 with an inexpensive finish and a cheaper synthetic stock. Heck, Big Green's even used the concept in their ammo line...Sportsman Steel was a cheaper 2 3/4" steel load back when waterfowl hunting was big and Nitro steel was the chic load.