Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Importing shooter scores into Practiscore?

ClangClang

I've been asked to help run the scoring for a Time Plus outlaw match that is being held as part of larger multi-day field training operation. I'm the only person with any meaningful amount of Practiscore experience so I've been voluntold as the Practiscore "expert" even though I've never been a MD and actually done this before. Just assisted.

The match is being held in a remote location with no cell service, power, or digital infrastructure. The stages themselves are 1+ miles apart from each other over rugged terrain. ROs will be recording scores on paper and then I will have to manually enter them into a digital format. Luckily, it's only 3 stages with 18 shooters, so the task will be fairly simple. Also, since it's Time Plus and all targets are steel, I don't need to log anything besides name and total stage time in seconds. There are no divisions, classes, categories, etc. I would prefer not to have to load them manually shooter by shooter on the single iPad. That will take forever. Instead, I'd like to just create an Excel sheet with columns for Name, Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 and then import that directly into Practiscore at the conclusion of the match once I get all the score sheets back.

Is this possible? Is there a better way that I'm not aware of?

@ClangClang I'd ask an unorthodox question first. If you have paper or even Excel, why you need PractiScore? Your Excel will give you your match results.

The main reason to use PractiScore is that your ROs entering the data and that's the only time data is entered. When scoring on paper your data is entered more than once, and that lead to errors, typos, etc.

Said that, if you have 3 squads, you need only 3 tablets. The Amazon Fire ones are cheap...

18 hours ago, NETim said:

This is for registration, not scoring data.

15 minutes ago, euxx said:

@ClangClang I'd ask an unorthodox question first. If you have paper or even Excel, why you need PractiScore? Your Excel will give you your match results.

This is likely the route I will take if there is no import function. Just have to build out the formulas. Only reason to use practiscore is to save me the 15-20 minutes it will take to build the formulas and debug. I'm not an Excel whiz, but I can muddle my way through it.

8 minutes ago, ClangClang said:

...Only reason to use practiscore is to save me the 15-20 minutes it will take to build the formulas and debug. I'm not an Excel whiz, but I can muddle my way through it.

Or get the tablets, or even have ROs to use their own phones to enter the data.