Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Make A 10/22 More Ar-15 Like?

Religious Shooter

Really like my Ciener but the lack of a 30 rounder and a good loader for the magazine makes practice a bit of a pain.

I have 25's(?) and one of those slick loaders for the 10/22. So I'm looking to make my 10/22 more AR-15 like so I can use it for a trainer.

I was looking for a stock and this looks cool:

http://rbprecision.com/id72.htm

Anybody have or used one of these?

Are there any other stocks out there that make it more AR15-like?

Any other mods I should do to replicate the feel?

Edited by Religious Shooter

The link isn't working, but in going to their website, the stocks do seem really cool and worth me buying another 10/22 just for one those stocks. Too sweet. I'll have to do some more research on that myself. Find out how it "feels" compared to an AR. Should make for a good plinker to add to the family.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

It feels real good !

Select or add whatever buttstock you want, drop in the 10/22 aciton/barrel, add preferred sighting system. Do that and you are up and running.

Ammo costs are greatly reduced which means you can train a lot more.

Have a number of the extended mags handy for practice purposes.

The site is up and working.

RS,

That stock looks nice.

I picked up one of the CZ AR-15 .22 lr uppers and like that a lot. You just slap it on your existing lower. It's a little more expensive than the 10/22 stock, but not much - and it's much more similar to to shooting your AR-15.

Here's a link to one I foud on Auction Arms: V22

Edited by chp5

You could buy one of THESE, I have one and its a combination of an AR trigger system (any one will work) and grip, 10/22 bolt and recoil system in an aluminum chassis that accepts 10/22 mags. I bought a kit rifle for $275 and added my own trigger and bolt.

Edited by TMC

Ciener is selling 25 rd mags again (since the ban went away). Prices are the same as he charged before the ban, so if you like the way your kit runs you can train with 22LR in an AR platform. I have two uppers built just like our match ones only with Kuehl barrels. Modified Ciener kits run flawlessly and they will shoot inside an inch at 50 yards.

Strike one!

Suckas at Turner's won't order an R22 for me. <_<

Ahhh the joys of living in Kalifornia. LA is so messed up that there is only two (that's right TWO) gunstores in LA City. The other one is at the Police Academy and they only allow cops and security guards to buy guns and ammo there. Only two gunstores for the second largest city in the nation! Raton, New Mexico (Pop 7,282) has at least two gunstores. Pffttt!!!

Now I gotta go to a different city (Burbank) to see if they will order the gun for me. Oh well.

We'll pray for you (that you don't end up in San Francisco).

For those that do have/use Cieners, there is a guy named Joe Black who makes a loading block that modifies a Ramline loader to work with them. Takes about 5 seconds to load a 25 round Ciener. Sharon and I have shot up to 3000 rounds in a day loading with one of these. Without it I would have NO thumbs at all.

Link at Ciener Mag Loader Had great pics to show how it works.