Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marvel Unit 2 Conversion.

eerw

Anyone have a Marvel Unit 2...

what has been your experience with it?? accuracy, function..any ammo preferences..

thanks..

I have a Marvel 1 with a weaver rib and am pleased with it..

just looking for another iron sight unit..

I've used CCI Stinger with no problems, but that's all I've ever bought. It runs and I just haven't got through that first 2K rounds yet. :angry:

One way I look at it is relative cost,,,,,CCI Stinger is most money than some other brands/loads,,,,but it is a heck of a lot cheaper than just about anything else.

H4444

I've used CCI Stinger with no problems, but that's all I've ever bought. It runs and I just haven't got through that first 2K rounds yet. :angry:

One way I look at it is relative cost,,,,,CCI Stinger is most money than some other brands/loads,,,,but it is a heck of a lot cheaper than just about anything else.

H4444

What are you finding for accuracy??? pretty decent?? is it just a plinker..how is it at longer ranges?? 40-50 yards??

Edited by eerw

another question..

could anyone hazard a guess..

at what the accuracy lost ( difference ) would be between the unit 1 and the unit 2

given the lockups are the same..the unit 2 has a slightly shorter barrel..but the main difference being..

unit 2..the fixed sights are on the slide..

unit 1..the fixed sights are mounted to the barrel..

would it be a noticable difference..or would other factors make more of a difference??

CCI Mini Mag solids work great in mine. $4.50 for a box of hundred. The Mini Mag hollowpoints tend to jam the first round out of the magazine into the feed ramp, but if you are careful loading the first round the rest of the magazine feeds OK.

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable.

Edited by Nolan