Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LWD Timber Wolf Frame

Joe D

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago to play with. My G41 runs flawlessly with 3.2 gr of Clays and a 200 gr SWC using the stock frame. The Lone Wolf fame is causing a major issue. Every few rounds or so I will get a failure to extract. The slide will pull the empty case out about half way leaving it laying on top of the next round in the mag. I run an aftermarket guide rod with 11# ISMI spring. I tried a 13# ISMI spring also. I changed the extractor, load bearing plug and it's spring. Nothing works. I even replaced the ejector in the LW plastic block with a stock Glock ejector. I have been shooting Glocks for 25 years. Have done over 200 trigger jobs. I bought the assembled frame rather than the bare frame. This one has me stumped.

I was having similar issues with a g21 I built entirely from Lonwolf Parts. I have 3 different large frame glocks built entirely from Lonewolf parts. 2 45’s and one 10MM. I assembled all the guns from scratch.

Try this. Sounds silly but it worked for me. I determined that the case was getting stuck in the chamber after firing and expanding. And thus the extractor and ejector were having a tough time getting the case out of the chamber. 

I simply polished the feed ramps and inside of the chamber with a Dremel, cloth polishing tips (off of Amazon), and Mag wheel polish till it glowed. Didn’t resize the chamber at all, but completely eliminated the issue. Feeds flawlessly now. Just 200 rounds through it 2 nights ago doing some night training.

Worth a shot. 

Edited by iflyskyhigh

36 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I simply polished the feed ramps and inside of the chamber with a Dremel, cloth polishing tips (off of Amazon), and Mag wheel polish till it glowed. Didn’t resize the chamber at all, but completely eliminated the issue. Feeds flawlessly now. Just 200 rounds through it 2 nights ago doing some night training.

Worth a shot. 

I'd say so!

I have the same frame on a G41 as well and I know without even trying that your load of 3.2gns of Clays would not function with either my stock frame or my Lone Wolf with anything less than maybe a 8 or 9 lb spring.  Thats a guess cause my load of 3.9 grns of Clays barely functions with a 12# spring in mine.  Have you tried a little hotter load?  Not discounting anything else that was said, that's a pretty light load?

My G41, with stock frame, feeds and ejects the 3.2 gr load with both 11 and 13# ISMI springs. I put the stock recoil spring back in last night. It cycled with a 3.5 gr load of Clays. Only fired three rounds in the basement before my trophy bride yelled at me. I don't see the need to polish the chamber as it runs without any issues using the stock frame.

8 hours ago, Joe D said:

My G41, with stock frame, feeds and ejects the 3.2 gr load with both 11 and 13# ISMI springs. I put the stock recoil spring back in last night. It cycled with a 3.5 gr load of Clays. Only fired three rounds in the basement before my trophy bride yelled at me. I don't see the need to polish the chamber as it runs without any issues using the stock frame.

Okay

Gun locked down at the range yesterday with the 3.5 gr load. The LW slide stop has too much left to right movement. Did not have that issue with a Glock slide stop. Ran out of daylight for more testing. There was one total failure to extract with the 3.2 grain load using the Glock slide stop. Fired case was left fully in the chamber.

Although I didn't put it in my original post I prefer the Lone Wolf frame over my stock 41 frame because it fits my hand so much better and therefore I shoot the gun much more accurately than with the stock frame.  I did adjust the Lone Wolf slide stop a little so it fits better, pair of pliers accomplished that very quickly.  I have maybe 5 to 600 rounds thru mine and the ONLY time I have had any issues is when I was trying to use light loads with the 12# recoil spring I currently have in the gun.  The lightest I have used with success is 3.9 gr Clays, 4.0 Bullseye, 4.2 Titegroup and 4.5 WST with a 200 gr SWC, those loads I got from the Bullseye shooters and they like really lite loads.