Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a new rig

tnoble

I ended up going with the DAA posts. Still very new to me but I like them so far, though they are definitely pricey. I do really appreciate that you can individually space them out and angle them to work best with your body and reload style, but it took a ridiculously long time to get them all on a new belt and loctite all the fasteners. It's a little aggravating that they don't pre-apply some thread locker to their fasteners at the factory since their products love to come loose without it. The magnets are quite stiff, even with nickel plated moons. I may add some electrical tape on top to make blued moons release a little easier. 

I use CR Speed holsters for all my pistols but do have a new Safariland 002 that I bought when I misplaced my CR Speed rig. Murphys Law buy a new rig and you’ll immediately find the old one! As for moonclip holders I use Speed Benz 8 clip rack (magnetic). There are still many options available for round gun holsters. 

It’s a shame but revo competitions are few and far between in SoCal. The trend has been declining for decades. Can still find a few matches if you’re willing to drive 3-4+ hours round trip.

• 3 weeks later...

New-ish to Shooting 929 and i started with both the Speed Beez magnetic 8 post moon clip holder and their holster/stock hanger. The plastic hanger for the holster partially broke getting in my car a few months in so i ordered a BOSS hanger and have loved it ever since. Couple weeks ago the DAA individual Moon clip hangers were on sale so i grabbed those and installed them instead of the solid one. So much better!

Positives- the 3rd-5th moon clips don't bounce off my gut on the individual posts. Much more Velcro retention so my belt stays put, lighter as well.

Cons- the price. Even getting them for $120 shipped for x6, that's 50% more per post!