Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spare parts list

Bakerjd

Tsking my Stock 2 down to Florida Open and I'm new to the platform. What spare parts should I bring? Being a CO gun I already have extra mounting screws, batteries. What would be the parts for the pistol itself I should bring?

On my Stock 2 I've broken/wore out the following parts....extractor (3x), firing pin (1x), Trigger return spring (1x, even though I replace it 1x a year), recoil spring (replaced 2x a year).  Total round count is about 50k through the stock 2 if that makes a difference.

Besides all the springs I would have an extractor ready to go. 

6 hours ago, oddjob said:

On my Stock 2 I've broken/wore out the following parts....extractor (3x), firing pin (1x), Trigger return spring (1x, even though I replace it 1x a year), recoil spring (replaced 2x a year).  Total round count is about 50k through the stock 2 if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, oddjob said:

The TRS isn't a weak point in the tanfo unlike the czs. I broke 1 in 5 years of 20k+rounds a year. The extractor can be a pita depending on if you're running the stock or wolff xp spring. If your rounds are headspacing off the chamber and not the extractor, you should be fine. If you're headspacing off the extractor, be prepared to replace the extractor multiple times a year when you least want to.

I'll be working FLOP, hit me up when you're coming through.

2 hours ago, haiedras said:

The TRS isn't a weak point in the tanfo unlike the czs. I broke 1 in 5 years of 20k+rounds a year. The extractor can be a pita depending on if you're running the stock or wolff xp spring. If your rounds are headspacing off the chamber and not the extractor, you should be fine. If you're headspacing off the extractor, be prepared to replace the extractor multiple times a year when you least want to.

I'll be working FLOP, hit me up when you're coming through.

Thanks man. What's your name? After testing the mags and some ammo today at the range I decided to just stick with the limited gun. With the 125gn black bullets, cone shape, it runs pretty good. With the 135gn round nose DG bullets I am getting nose up jams. The round is almost vertical and jams up against the top rear of the chamber. I did get 22 round reliable so far mag setup though. Both the K9 mags with grams guts, and henning base pads and the MBX mag. I'm not exaclty sure what's causing the issue as I only get a couple but are around the 18-15 round left in the mag. I also got a couple where the slide didnt quite go into battery either. Round count on the entire setup is roughly 200 rounds. I didnt bring a bunch of ammo or any of ky recoil springs with me as I was planning on just confirming zero between the 135 and 125gn ammo and checking that I fixed the mag issues. Oddly both of those were good. 

I had the gun tuned by PD and Joe told me he installed the extra power extractor spring and did some blending or something around the breach face I belive. He also said it takes about 500 to 1k rounds to break in the gun. 

Basicly I decided that considering I've never run it in a USPSA match,  having some little issues, havent chronod any of this ammo and FLOP is supposed to be a pretty hard match I decided to stick to something I'm familiar with and know it works. But I look forward to meeting ya! Myself and Brandon Radar are shooting AM Saturday and PM sunday. I'm pretty easy to spot since I'll be the only C class shooter around a bunch of A level and above guys.

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2021 at 12:12 AM, Bakerjd said:

Thanks man. What's your name? After testing the mags and some ammo today at the range I decided to just stick with the limited gun. With the 125gn black bullets, cone shape, it runs pretty good. With the 135gn round nose DG bullets I am getting nose up jams. The round is almost vertical and jams up against the top rear of the chamber. I did get 22 round reliable so far mag setup though. Both the K9 mags with grams guts, and henning base pads and the MBX mag. I'm not exaclty sure what's causing the issue as I only get a couple but are around the 18-15 round left in the mag. I also got a couple where the slide didnt quite go into battery either. Round count on the entire setup is roughly 200 rounds. I didnt bring a bunch of ammo or any of ky recoil springs with me as I was planning on just confirming zero between the 135 and 125gn ammo and checking that I fixed the mag issues. Oddly both of those were good. 

I had the gun tuned by PD and Joe told me he installed the extra power extractor spring and did some blending or something around the breach face I belive. He also said it takes about 500 to 1k rounds to break in the gun. 

Basicly I decided that considering I've never run it in a USPSA match,  having some little issues, havent chronod any of this ammo and FLOP is supposed to be a pretty hard match I decided to stick to something I'm familiar with and know it works. But I look forward to meeting ya! Myself and Brandon Radar are shooting AM Saturday and PM sunday. I'm pretty easy to spot since I'll be the only C class shooter around a bunch of A level and above guys.

Dang, I totally forgot to check this thread. Yee-min, I was the CRO for the shoothouse, stage 1. Hope you didn't get too reamed by Shannon's stages. :D

I'm not as familiar with the large frame mags, but I vaguely remember occasional issues because the K9 mag needs an insert like a 2011 mag to run 9. I've honestly never seen that issue where a round is almost vertical.

Gun should run fine with an uncut XP extractor spring without break-in.

Having issues with that many rounds left I'd guess there's some interference between the mag body, spring, or follower. Do you get the same issues when you run a stock mag, follower, and spring?

1 hour ago, haiedras said:

Dang, I totally forgot to check this thread. Yee-min, I was the CRO for the shoothouse, stage 1. Hope you didn't get too reamed by Shannon's stages. :D

I'm not as familiar with the large frame mags, but I vaguely remember occasional issues because the K9 mag needs an insert like a 2011 mag to run 9. I've honestly never seen that issue where a round is almost vertical.

Gun should run fine with an uncut XP extractor spring without break-in.

Having issues with that many rounds left I'd guess there's some interference between the mag body, spring, or follower. Do you get the same issues when you run a stock mag, follower, and spring?

Haha all good. And FLOP was the hardest match I've ever shot. Never in my life would imagine someone saying gee 30 yard swingers with 2 half IPSC targets with the bottom 2" black is a great idea. Yet one stage had 2 of them! But even with all the craziness it was a blast. And great weather. I came in 198th overall.... not exaclty one of my better matches. 

As for the mag issues I got it figured out. All the factory mags run 22-23 good and the MBX runs as expected. Also got the feeding issue figured out. 

I was the guy who asked you about if the gun falls out of holster after range is clear is said. Probably one of the last squads on sunday.