Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Staccato XC larger magwell?

uhmeebuh

Hi all - 

I have a Staccato XC and was curious if anyone has used a larger magwell (Dawson Ice, Cheely large hands, etc) on it?  It comes with the tactical advantage magwell but it's pretty small and still lets the frame take all the abuse.  

I understand (from a chat with Dawson) that the "normal" 2011 magwells won't fit on the Gen 2 grips on the XC...but I don't have one to try (and don't want to pay the 20% restocking fees and shipping to just try it). 

I came across this from Froelich that implies a standard one will work: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGs1yrfJ2n8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So, has anyone used/tried a larger magwell on a new Staccato? 

8 minutes ago, wgj3 said:

Kinda silly if they changed the dimensions of the grip to make it not work with all the existing aftermarket magwells, etc...

Surely not...?

One would think but in my calls to the major vendors (Dawson, Akai, Cheely, Atlas)....none of them make one for the Gen 2 grip. 

Limcat said it should fit but aren't sure if Froelich modified his grip.  So...I ordered one from Limcat and will report back. 

I'm surprised I'm the first one to ask...

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The Limcat brass magwell...is AWESOME.  Fits great on the Gen 2 grip, adds some much needed weight to the grip, and balances the pistol out a lot. 

Was missing a screw but they sent one after the fact and I'm pretty happy.