Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GMR-13 issues

Glock tubes do go bad. I won’t keep a “match” mag for more than a year. All that extra stack tension with a big extension accelerates the wear. They start to bow out big time. 

Stop driving yourself nuts and get some new mag bodies. 

So today’s match I tried the questionable mag with new spring and same s#!t. Lucky for me it jammed up 3 times while trying to make ready so I just went for my other mag to start. I continued the match with the new mag and had no issues. 

While making ready a round jumps straight up and gets pinched at a 45 degree angle at the top of the upper and between the bolt. As soon as I remove the mag another round jumps completely out of the mag. So my thought is internal drag causing loss of spring tension and rounds are jumping out. 

So I have it narrowed down to mag body for sure. I wish I could see what the issue is but I’m not certain. I’m going to remove more of plastic flashing that’s stuck to the mag body at the transition from mag to extension. I always sand them and smooth it out but I’m going to actually remover the excess plastic that extends up the metal liner. 

I saw comments about mag bodies wearing out primarily on pcc so that must be a good observation too.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:32 AM, Dirty_J said:

Glock tubes do go bad. I won’t keep a “match” mag for more than a year. All that extra stack tension with a big extension accelerates the wear. They start to bow out big time. 

Stop driving yourself nuts and get some new mag bodies. 

thats interesting and I wonder if it’s possible to measure them and see the issue. I suppose I’ll have to toss mag bodies once a year. 

thanks man

Edited by brian45acp