Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CORE 2.0 Sights

robertg5322

• 1 month later...

Saw this post the day I ordered a fixed f/o front and non co-witness rear sight for my m&p pc core 2.0 from Dawson Precision. I noticed on their website they don't specify whether it is for 1.0 or 2.0, so I assumed the dimensions are the same. 

I just finished installing the sights and my assumption is correct, they are the same. My USPSA Production and Carry Optics build is finally completed.. 

IMG-1735.jpg

Thanks, I ended up just ordering a set, and found the same; they fit. 

My setup is similar, only difference is I kept the stock trigger, only changing out the striker spring and recoil spring, I installed the Carver heavy tungsten guide rod, and I used silicon carbide and two part epoxy backstrap to make it super grippy. I also removed the slide stop detent and spring to facilitate smoother use of the slide stop to drop the slide, not sure why S&W thought it was a good idea to do away with the auto slide forward feature on the 2.0.

I don't own an 1.0 but heard the auto slide forward feature on 1.0 was a pleasant surprise, not what was intended. Anyway can't complaint with the extend slide release on the 2.0 core, I can reach it without having to shift grip even with my short thumb.

I have the carver tungsten guide rod on my regular 2.0 fde. I highly recommend the apex flat trigger, especially on 2.0 core. It is probably the single most important reason I stayed with m&p and not moved to other fancy/heavier guns.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:45 AM, hlsccsfa said:

Saw this post the day I ordered a fixed f/o front and non co-witness rear sight for my m&p pc core 2.0 from Dawson Precision. I noticed on their website they don't specify whether it is for 1.0 or 2.0, so I assumed the dimensions are the same. 

I just finished installing the sights and my assumption is correct, they are the same. My USPSA Production and Carry Optics build is finally completed.. 

IMG-1735.jpg

Is the sight set part number 310-089? And, how is the zero on those? I've purchased Dawson sights on a couple occasions that didn't point where they were supposed to.

Thank you

On 2/23/2021 at 8:10 AM, SJBriggs said:

Is the sight set part number 310-089? And, how is the zero on those? I've purchased Dawson sights on a couple occasions that didn't point where they were supposed to.

Thank you

It depends on sight radius, distance, bullet type, and sight picture type. I can only speak from my own experience. Here is my setup:

- Pistol:             C.O.R.E 2.0 with 5" barrel. With Dawson F/O front and black rear competition sight set, the sight radius is 7.0".

- Distance:       25 yards.

- Ammo:           125gr with 133 average pf, average muzzle velocity 1065fps.

- Sight picture: Center Hold

The sight set #310-089 is 0.180" front + 0.245" rear. With my setup, the pistol shoots much higher. I changed the front sight to 0.200", it shoots about 1/2" lower at 25 yards. The result comes from 12 five-shot groups, with pistol dust cover rested on a sandbag. That's good enough for me. 

With Dawson's perfect impact policy, if you buy their sight set with default heights and later find out the elevation is not correct, you can use the sight calculator on their website (https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/) to figure out the correct front sight height. Then give them a call and they will send a new front sight to you for free.

8 hours ago, hlsccsfa said:

It depends on sight radius, distance, bullet type, and sight picture type. I can only speak from my own experience. Here is my setup:

- Pistol:             C.O.R.E 2.0 with 5" barrel. With Dawson F/O front and black rear competition sight set, the sight radius is 7.0".

- Distance:       25 yards.

- Ammo:           125gr with 133 average pf, average muzzle velocity 1065fps.

- Sight picture: Center Hold

The sight set #310-089 is 0.180" front + 0.245" rear. With my setup, the pistol shoots much higher. I changed the front sight to 0.200", it shoots about 1/2" lower at 25 yards. The result comes from 12 five-shot groups, with pistol dust cover rested on a sandbag. That's good enough for me. 

With Dawson's perfect impact policy, if you buy their sight set with default heights and later find out the elevation is not correct, you can use the sight calculator on their website (https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/) to figure out the correct front sight height. Then give them a call and they will send a new front sight to you for free.

Thank you for the info!