Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's Been Tooooo Long

ima45dv8

My oldest brother called and woke me up yesterday morning with the demand that I get over to his house immediately (if not sooner) so we could go fishing. I started listing all of the responsible things that I had to do instead, but he wasn't having any of it. He won the argument. **I'm certain he must be the only one in our family who's that stubborn.

We fished up and down about 3/4 mile of a large creek not too far away and had a blast. The blue gill and bream were hungry for the worms and grubs, and the crickets landed us a few small (1-1/2 to 2 lb) shoal bass for even more excitement.

The last hole we hit was fit for one of those TV fishing shows. We caught maybe 25 fish in the space of 45 minutes. Not big 'uns, but on ultra-light tackle they were damn sure a lot of fun.

He and I used to fish together quite a bit but haven't done it in many years. The weather was perfect, the area was beautiful, but sharing the day like that was the best thing of all.

I'm filing that memory away for a time when I need it.

Yeah, file those memories away, you don't know when you will need them.

I was sifting through a pile of photos the other day looking for something and ran across the photos from my last fishing trip with one of my closest friends; almost a brother close. He moved across the country about a month after that trip and hung himself in his basement a couple years later. I never saw him alive after that last trip together.

Going through the photos I was filled with the warm and comfortable memories of that trip and the dozens that had preceeded it and reminded of the great times we had together.

I wish I could go fishing today. But, alas, it isn't exactly fishing weather here any longer and won't be again for awhile. So, I'll just travel to the "frozen pond" and watch hockey tonight instead.