Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Email Ez Win Results

David Benzick

Hi All,

1. I am a computer caveman.

2. Our web master has had a major malfunction with his computer and can't get match results on the web in his usual 1 to 2 day time frame. It's now week 3.

Please tell me the best way to email the match results to club members.

Thanks

David Benzick

Another approach is to post the club resuts to the web site - your clubs; the USPSA site or both.

If you club has an USPSA website upload account, get it from your club contact and go to www.uspsa.org/classifier_services and select the "upload local results" link. It's quite easy, is as done by entering the location of the upload file, your club ID and password into a form on the USPSA site. As a bonus, any participant who has registered their profile to receive notifications will be automatically sent an email a few minutes after the upoad is done (you don't need their email address - just get the member number right and the system will look up the address and send the mail).

Edited by Rob Boudrie

Hi All,

1. I am a computer caveman.

2. Our web master has had a major malfunction with his computer and can't get match results on the web in his usual 1 to 2 day time frame. It's now week 3.

Please tell me the best way to email the match results to club members.

Thanks

David Benzick

Well basically, the most polite way to do it is take the email addresses you have for them, compose a piece of mail, put your own address in the to: field, and put all the receipients in the bcc: field. That keeps you from sharing everyone's address.

no idea if that is what you are looking for.

In my opinion, the simplest way is to output the text files for the results then click the email button on the results screen, then hit cancel. This will generate a file called email.adr in the same directory as all the results files. That file can be opened with a text editor of your choice. It contains one all the email addresses for that match one per line. Put them all on one single line, separated by commas. Then cut and paste that line into the "To:" field of your favorite email program and attach the result files.

Its yucky but it works for every mail program and its what I do.