Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold Custom from 38 to 9mm

zombywoof

2 hours ago, zombywoof said:

I just noticed Patriot Defense has listed a Long cone threaded barrel for sale. I want to convert my Gold Custom in 38 to 9mm.

What are my chances of success? Compensator, Bidell, CFD, Cheely?

Capture.JPG

38-9mm is easy peasy just swap the barrel, I have 2 guns done this way.

I am not sure if the threads on the Patriot barrels fit the Domina comp they sell. but if they do that probably the easiest play. The other option is a straight barrel and a cone comp from kneelingatlas. 

so you know 19/2011 comps will not match up well with the profile of a Tanfoglio slide, the curve on the top of the slide is not the same and on Tanfoglios it is not centered on the barrel like it is on 19/2011s.

Edited by MikeBurgess
forgot some stuff

2 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

38-9mm is easy peasy just swap the barrel, I have 2 guns done this way.

I am not sure if the threads on the Patriot barrels fit the Domina comp they sell. but if they do that probably the easiest play. The other option is a straight barrel and a cone comp from kneelingatlas. 

so you know 19/2011 comps will not match up well with the profile of a Tanfoglio slide, the curve on the top of the slide is not the same and on Tanfoglios it is not centered on the barrel like it is on 19/2011s.

Thanks Mike. I'm going for this look. Looks like the CFD comp.

1.JPG

1 hour ago, zombywoof said:

Thanks Mike. I'm going for this look. Looks like the CFD comp.

1.JPG

Also keep in mind that the comp will need to be relived so it can slide into the frame rails a little as the gun cycles, the one in the picture seems to be missing theses cuts and looks like the barrel/comp assembly will not be able to move backwards to unlock