Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX has 170’s posted for sale on their site.

Swglock34

Fwiw I did some testing with 141 155 and 171 gen 2s before they went up on the web site.  Using my stroked gold team, multiple bullet hp profiles at 1.165 oal ran 100%. When I put multiple brass buffers in to “de-stroke” the gun, and ran 1.135  oal ammo (like I had to with stock mags) I got nose dives.  I am so happy to get away from those k9s and load a length that will hold a gassy powder.  Thanks MBX!

I never had luck with K9 tubes and followers in my Caspian, ever. Hated how much money I had wasted on them, and how I didn't get the chance to get some 140s or 155s from MBX. Only snagged 3 170mm magazines and ran those exclusively for years. Glad I'm getting a chance to stock up again

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up 2 170mm's   

In my Stock 3 and my Limited turned Open gun, tons of nose up feed issues.  Like, un-useable nose up feed issues at any length bullet.  Guns are NOT stroked.

Removed the brass buffer in the open gun and put the stock guide rod in the Stock 3 and the issues pretty much vanished with hand feeding.  Will confirm on range.  Then... will likely order a few extras.