Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slugged The Barrel?

sx2gl35

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, I did on my brand new Q5 SF Pro!  Lands .346; grooves .355.  Of course the lead alloy sinker I used is resilient and prolly grew by about a thousandth or two after exiting the barrel (ymmv).

For those who think the Walther barrel is faster than most (me), the exact same loads fired from my Q5 and also from my G34 with KKM barrel (same day, same time) crono'd 2.5 to 3.0 PF's faster than the Q5.  Consistently, over several different loads.  Big surprise to me.

Thank me, thank me very much!

2 hours ago, sx2gl35 said:

Yes, I did on my brand new Q5 SF Pro!  Lands .346; grooves .355.  Of course the lead alloy sinker I used is resilient and prolly grew by about a thousandth or two after exiting the barrel (ymmv).

For those who think the Walther barrel is faster than most (me), the exact same loads fired from my Q5 and also from my G34 with KKM barrel (same day, same time) crono'd 2.5 to 3.0 PF's faster than the Q5.  Consistently, over several different loads.  Big surprise to me.

Thank me, thank me very much!

Still the Q5 SF performs well for a OEM barrel against an awesome KKM precision barrel that's .31 inches longer.