Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Accuracy

Pact-Man

Did this within the last couple of weeks and was able to shoot 3" groups with my stock barrel and Blazer 115 gr. This one G34 shoots better than my other G34. The second one has a different set of sight on it and I think that contributes to the relative accuracy of the guns as well. I shoot the Dawson Precisions. These or Bomars would allow better grouping than the very wide night sights that I have on the second G34.

Rick

For what it's worth, my son was plinking out the balance of the 40SW ammo after a 3 gun match recently with a G34. Targets were about 8.5x11 steel plates starting at about 60 yds spaced about 15yds apart out to 150+. Putting 5 rounds on each, he didn't start missing until the 120yd target. So, from that bit of annectdotal evidence, the G34 will probably do better than you can hold it. There was a USMC instructor at the match in question who attempted to get him to go Blue to Green. In case you might think this was a fluke, I've seen this kid take an HK USP Tactical in 45 and shoot sub 2in groups at 25yds offhand and complain that one of the shots was a flyer that opened his group up. That was for 10 shots, with the flyer not counted, 9 shots would have been under 1.75. The funny part is he thinks he sucks at handguns. Oh to be young, sharp of eye and steady of hand and have the adult knowledge of how to use it.

Pactman,

I wish I could give you info on stock barrels since I do dabble in Bianchi unfortunately I use KKM barrels so whatever information I could give wouldn’t be applicable to your question.

For what it's worth, my son was plinking out the balance of the 40SW ammo after a 3 gun match recently with a G34. Targets were about 8.5x11 steel plates starting at about 60 yds spaced about 15yds apart out to 150+. Putting 5 rounds on each, he didn't start missing until the 120yd target. So, from that bit of annectdotal evidence, the G34 will probably do better than you can hold it. There was a USMC instructor at the match in question who attempted to get him to go Blue to Green. In case you might think this was a fluke, I've seen this kid take an HK USP Tactical in 45 and shoot sub 2in groups at 25yds offhand and complain that one of the shots was a flyer that opened his group up. That was for 10 shots, with the flyer not counted, 9 shots would have been under 1.75. The funny part is he thinks he sucks at handguns. Oh to be young, sharp of eye and steady of hand and have the adult knowledge of how to use it.

40S&W through a Glock 34? Hmm, I didn't know that 40S&W and 9mm were interchangeable. Guess you learn something new everyday. ;)