Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bud Bond Did Even Better Than That!

johnbicht

I read the recent post about how well Bud Bond did at the Steel Challenge and it prompted me to follow up with Dave who posted it. He suggested (I am brand new here) that I post the more complete and very serious results that Bud managed at the Steel Challenge. After all, what good is it to get good results if no one knows about it.

Bud is listed as 15th (not 20th) on the results sheet from the match - where they did not count second guns.

But better yet, he beat Jerry Miculek on 4 of the 7 stages! That is quite a feat.

And then he was top senior!

I don't know if anyone noticed what he accomplished at the 2004 Handgunner, but I will mention it here. {Miculek was not there}

He won the Winchester Open Revolver section, but also had the overall fastest time against even the open autos.

He won the Handgunner Open Revolver section. Open senior and Military.

And in the final shootout, he was against Rob Leathem, who he beat once or twice, and only lost by the time of a single miss.

It was nice of you guys to mention Bud and say a bunch of nice things about him. I shoot with him all the time. In fact if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be shooting. Of course I would have a lot more money.

Thanks.

John, nice to have you join us here in the Revolver section of the forum.

Bud Bond is a great shooter, and a really great guy. We were really happy to have a shooter of his stature (along with several other bona fide notables) join us at the inaugural Big Dawg Steel Match here in Iowa this summer.

Sam and I had a great time at the Rocky Mountain Regional ICORE match back in the spring, and we intend to make it back out again in '06, if at all possible.

Mike

P.S. For those who've never met Bud Bond in person, here's a rare photo of him with an auto-pistol....

Bud Bond

Edited by Carmoney

Yo gota see Bud's steel gun, the barrel is cut down to a sharp point, smaller than an average finger.

When ever I get around Bud at the Steel shoot I like to pull at my belt and say "mine's Bigger".

Bud went out of his way a few years ago to show me a few thing to improve my shooting. You couldn't get beat by a better guy, he is one of thows guys that is a gracious winner, nice to be around.

JF

There are a lot of great shooters who are truly nice guys, Bud Bond is one of those! Like Mike said, you really have to see his first shot from the draw, its FAST!

I've shot in 2 ICORE matches so far, both in Colorado and Bud has been the mover & shaker behind these matches, works his tail off all day and then shoots like a wild man when he's up. Mike Carmoney did beat Bud in the sudden death shoot off, that doesn't happen very often, I think Mike threatened to sue if he lost! Ha!

At the annual all steel match in Dubois, Wyoming, Bud entered the Open class with his revolver, shooting against full blown race guns no less. Not only did he win, he did it easily. He doesn't brag, just lets his shooting do the talking, all the while making friends & helping anyone he can. Great Guy.

Dick

Edited by SIX SHOT

Ditto to all of the above. Bud helped me at my first Steel Challenge and I was only too honored to give him my ammo when he didn't have enough for the shoot offs.

I got bragging rights though ...."My ammo was in the shoot offs" .... haha :D:P:huh: