Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ A01-LD Target USPSA production legal?

matto6

There's CZ A01-LD called the "A01-LD Target".    It's just an A01-LD (which is on the production list) and says "A01-LD" on the gun.  But it has a few mods.

• Adjustable rear sight
  • Extended mag release
  • Competition hammer
  • Internal trigger work (clearly legal)

Is there any reason to believe this gun can't be run in USPSA production?  The folks at CZ custom say it's fine, but I wanted to confirm I'm not missing anything.  

I don't think the slide is milled differently for the rear sight, but it's not impossible.  If it was, does that matter?    I saw a rule saying milling for an optic is OK, but it didn't mention for an iron sight.

Edited by matto6

The question is whether it is a "production gun that had some work done" or it is a completely different gun that is not on the list. Allowed modifications are covered in the rules in case of former, it's not allowed in case of latter. 

Based on what you say, it looks like a production gun with some work done and appears to be legal. 

Edited by IVC

I say legal as long as the frame is not modified in a way that would make it illegal if you bought a regular A01-LD and did work to it.  The box from CZC will say A01-LD and have the CZ USA sticker with matching serial number, so it started life as an A01-LD and was modified within the rules. You can mill for sights, add mag release, hammer and other internals. 

I have the same issue with my Bull Shadow 2, but the box from CZ USA says it's a Shadow 2, so does the frame and the 4473 says the same. All modifications are otherwise within the rules.

My feeling is, if you can buy the base gun and send it to the shop to be worked on and get the  identical result and that be legal, then buying it direct from them should be legal.