Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any GCI bullet feeder users here?

I have one in 9mm and pretty happy with it. Now that they stopped making it are you concerned about getting spare parts / getting them serviced?  Also do they come up for sale for time to time?  I want to get a bullet feeder to load 40sw.  TIA

19 minutes ago, CPD7119 said:

Sad to hear they stopped servicing the bullet feeders. Since that option is out I'd highly recommend a MBF. I got one for 40sw as well and I have had no issues to date.

I nearly bought a GSI, glad I bought a Mr. Bulletfeeder instead. Customer service is first class, the owner/inventor has no problem e mailing you with help when setting it up. Even the instruction manual is first class. 

I have a few for my 1050, .38sup, 9mm, .45, and the unicorn .223. A couple years ago they were somewhat available, but lately they hardly come up for sale. I use the MBF collator instead of the GSI collator and I've had no problems. I think the major wear items for the 1050 version is the index wheel and the gas shock. The shock should be easy to source. The index wheel assembly would be easy to reproduce by a good machinist. For the most part, it should provide service for a long time on a manual press. I wouldn't run it on an automated press.