Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some different match math for improvement.

rowdyb

On 2/15/2021 at 12:42 AM, Slowmisses said:

You mean that you subconsciously initiate a reload every time you move several steps without engaging targets or something else? Can you please open up your approach on this further? Thanks!

No, I do not do reloads subconsciously everytime I move. What I mean is I often see Prod shooters approach their initial stage plan with the idea "where should my reloads be?" as the first thing they figure out, if not to them the most important. Especially if there are options to shoot 8,10 or 11 shots from multiple places.

Rather my hierarchy places very little import on where the reload happens. I do not consciously look for them, they appear where they should because instead I look at as far more important being 1. The most efficient movement pattern through the stage and 2. In what way the targets are telling me to shoot them.

I do not plan reloads because they don't need to be planned. If you look at where you have to move and what you have to shoot the reloads make themselves known. Too many inexperienced Prod shooters take it as a life or death dictum that do whatever it takes to do one less reload, or use the reload to plan the targets. Rather than the targets planning the reload.

Got it a little more?