Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX PCC Feedback

They run, I have 15k rounds on a MBX Pro from last year.

Buying a second MBX now for a match only blaster, keeping my first for practices.

Other positive... I run ETS mags almost exclusively with no issues.  Great to just throw around the new ETS 40 round mags at sub twenty bucks for a magazine.

A friend of mine got an MBX Pro just a couple of days ago. I met him at the range today to help him break it in before he short strokes  the carbine. We shot about 950 rounds through the thing in the last two days. The loads were 147 grain Zero and 124 grain Montana Gold. I like the MBX a lot. Most importantly, zero malfunctions for the first 950 rounds with no cleaning. Splits in the mid teens consistently  put the bullets about 1.5 inches apart at 12 yards.

• 3 weeks later...

A little follow-up on my friends MBX Pro. He has tried every conceivable combination of parts trying to get the carbine to short stroke. He has also tried a half a dozen different bullets with various types of powders. Bottom line, no way the carbine will short stroke without jams from hell every few rounds. Long stroke, no problem. Short stroke isn't in the cards with this carbine.

21 hours ago, Ron Ankeny said:

A little follow-up on my friends MBX Pro. He has tried every conceivable combination of parts trying to get the carbine to short stroke. He has also tried a half a dozen different bullets with various types of powders. Bottom line, no way the carbine will short stroke without jams from hell every few rounds. Long stroke, no problem. Short stroke isn't in the cards with this carbine.

That's strange, mine short strokes without any problems.  Works with their bolt and also Taccom's short stroke bolt, didn't have to change anything regarding ammo either.  So i guess there is a way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 5:01 PM, Ron Ankeny said:

tell him to watch the mbx short stroke video on YouTube