Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mk7 Revolution loading at 3500 RPH

@MikeyScuba console is now USB C, where USB plugs in. Cables are much better made now too. That's all I can think of from MK7. I've long since moved on from the crap MA dies (can't believe I liked them, they did not last and had constant issues with them), FW Arms dies now, other than sizing and flaring (waiting on those new ones from Will). I have also upgraded to a laser powder check and a new laser bullet sensor. Much much easier to adjust for different bullets and powder charges. 

I’ve seen the laser check stuff but I don’t see the need for the little I load (135,000 in 3yrs).

As for the FW die my swage one broke?  All I know is I didn’t notice, cranked up the clutch and deformed the primer pockets of thousands of supercomp 😖

18 hours ago, slavex said:

@MikeyScuba ............ I have also upgraded to a laser powder check and a new laser bullet sensor. Much much easier to adjust for different bullets and powder charges. 

@slavex  automated the Apex 10 about 5 months ago; and one of the bonuses were the digital sensors.  However, with the Digital Powder Sensor having a swing of +/- 2g, and given the N320/N330 9mm powder I load, that's just way too much variation!

So, I too am in the planning stages of upgrading to the Keyence style laser sensor that will integrate into the M7 autodrive system.

👍👍

yeah the digital powder sensor for the Mk7 was only designed for doubles or no charge, it was never for detecting small variations. Even the laser, while more accurate and easier to set, can't really be trusted for anything better than half a grain maybe even a full grain depending on powder and speed you're running at. If you're running mixed headstamp brass just the thickness of the web will drive you crazy from case to case. I've been thinking of measuring from the bottom of the case to the mouth on a wide variety of cases and find some that sit in the middle and then use that as my base case whenever I need to rezero. As it is now I could be using a case with a thinner web, or one with a thicker web, as my zero and then having to adjust frequently until I find a middle ground. 

@MikeyScuba damn dude that sucks, what broke in the die? Spring loaded hold down? 

No idea, I just took it off and went through 3000pcs with a primer pocket tool attached to a drill.  Ugh.  I now have an empty station on the swage die, it’s unnecessary with supercomp.

I should have known there was an issue with a 6 or 7 clutch setting but I’ve never used a swage hold down die.

• 2 weeks later...