Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Match type scoring, posible to edit?

Showclear

I setup an outlaw PCC match in Practiscore.

I chose time plus (points) accidentally.

I actually wanted Time plus.

Is it possible to change the scoring type after the match has been shot?

I tried editing on an iPad and on a Droid and have not been able to change it.

Help from anyone would be appreciated.

I don't think there is a way to change the match type after it is created. But it really doesn't matter as long all all the stages have the same points value. The relative placement in the results will be the same.

5 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I don't think there is a way to change the match type after it is created. But it really doesn't matter as long all all the stages have the same points value. The relative placement in the results will be the same.

Thanks Chucks

Yes,

Our club normally runs the time plus option.

I was filling in for the match director and mistakenly picked the time plus points option.

It really doesn't change the overall positions for the match as far as I can see.(yes all the stages had the same point value)

Once I posted to Practiscore I had multiple shooters asking what was up with the different format in scoring.

And I could not really explain the difference.

I have two things to add.

1. The overall standing order could change between TP and TPP scoring. For the latter the same math applies as for HF scoring in uspsa. Here is an example:
https://community.practiscore.com/t/why-do-places-change-from-overall-to-division/156

2. Email your match export file *.psc to support@practiscore.com we can change match type from TPP to TP for you.

57 minutes ago, euxx said:

1. The overall standing order could change between TP and TPP scoring. For the latter the same math applies as for HF scoring in uspsa. Here is an example:
https://community.practiscore.com/t/why-do-places-change-from-overall-to-division/156

I understand that HF totally depend on the top score for the stages where it could be different for the divisions than the overall results. I am not sure why this would apply in this case since the  shooters would have the same relative placement by either least time or by time ratios multiplied by 100, right?

2 hours ago, euxx said:

2. Email your match export file *.psc to support@practiscore.com we can change match type from TPP to TP for you.

Thanks euxx

I sent the file as requested

Appreciate your help

Just to be clear on this subject.

Practiscore does not allow regular users to change scoring formats once the match has been shot and scored is this correct?

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Question for Eugene: In order to explore this, what match template should I use for a Time Plus match? The Time Plus match template in PS seems to only have IDPA divisions...

The following templates are using the timeplus scoring:

3GN Multigun
GSSF
Long Range Gas Gun

SASS: Cowboy Action
Time Plus

The last one is a generic template and for historic reasons it uses the last used timeplus divisions (defaulted to IDPA ones).

However you can create your own match templates in PractiScore app for Android (I've been told the iOS app is abput to catch up with this soon). See https://community.practiscore.com/t/creating-your-own-match-templates-in-practiscore-app/319

Edited by euxx

15 minutes ago, Showclear said:

Thanks euxx

I sent the file as requested

Appreciate your help

Just to be clear on this subject.

Practiscore does not allow regular users to change scoring formats once the match has been shot and scored is this correct?

I sent you the updated match export file.

The PractiScore app for Android currently doesn't allow to change match type, but it might be possible to change between Timeplus and Timeplus Points in the PractiScore app for iOS.

Also, the PractiScore Competitor app allow your competitors to switch a Timeplus Points match into Timeplus scoring and back (but not Timeplus to Timeplus Points, because in this case stage points aren't set).

2 minutes ago, euxx said:

I sent you the updated match export file.

The PractiScore app for Android currently doesn't allow to change match type, but it might be possible to change between Timeplus and Timeplus Points in the PractiScore app for iOS.

Also, the PractiScore Competitor app allow your competitors to switch a Timeplus Points match into Timeplus scoring and back (but not Timeplus to Timeplus Points, because in this case stage points aren't set).

Thanks again for getting that changed so quickly.

Also I tried changing the format on both a Droid and iOS device and was not able to do so.

16 minutes ago, Showclear said:

Thanks again for getting that changed so quickly.

Also I tried changing the format on both a Droid and iOS device and was not able to do so.

I wasn't sure about iOS... Looked at it and apparently it is not allowed there either.

The TP <-> TPP change is an exceptional case, because stage and shooter configuration doesn't change, unlike other type changes like TP <-> SC, HP <-> TP, TP <-> IDPA, etc... I'll see about possibility to allowing to change it in Android app for one of the future app releases.