Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Case Feeder for 550 (14450)

First things first.  How mechanically inclined are you?  This is not your typical plug & play like the 650 & 1050.  

Space is tight & you might have to make some adjustments to your press frame.  Also you will have to make an adjustment to the primer operating system.

There are some videos on you tube.  Search "Dillon 550 case feeder".

To get some " tips & advice ", I suggest you look at the older posts in this thread.

Also go to the Dillon website, in their forum, there are numerous requests for assistance for the case feeder.  Even with the 650 & 1050.

Search the manuals section for the 550 case feeder, it will show you what is involved in trying to set it up.

The other thing is, it is only designed for handgun calibers. { 30 Luger up to 454 Casull }.  It will not handle the longer rifle cases, or the shorter pistol cases, according to the Dillon reps.

After that, let me know if you are still interested??

Cheers....

The 550 is a great well balanced press that wasn't designed for a case feeder.  The lack of auto index doesn't slow it down.

The 650 is a great press that was designed for a case feeder

The 550 with a case feeder is unbalanced (your left hand has to advance and place a bullet) finicky press. 

I owned a 550 and wanted to go faster.  I debated about selling it and buying a 650 or adding a case feeder to 550.  I bought the 550 case feeder.  When it worked it was a little faster.  When it didn't it was a frustrating PITA.  I ended up buying a 650, selling the 550.  I would have kept it for lower volume calibers if I had the space.