Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Time Dillon Owner, Happy As A Clam

I ordered a 650 about 10 days ago from Brian with all the bells and whistles. Got like 4 boxes one morning. It was like Christmas. I took the next week off work to set it up. Knowing my lack of mechanical prowess, I though a week might be to short.

I am a man, I learn slow and can not be bothered with reading directions or watching a VCR tape. Big mistake. I spent the better part of a day putting the toy together. Got all the dies set up and ran off some practice dummy rounds, no powder or primers just to test length and crimp settings. Went OK.

I was wondering about the VCR tape that I ordered, actually Brian ordered for me. I sat down with a diet cola and watched the dang thing.....

Man I could have save about 6 hours and held the cussing down to a minimum of 3 expletives. I wish I would have watched the tape prior to starting to put it all together. Dillon ought to make it mandatory to watch the tape before you open the first box. But I am a man, I can change if I have to, I guess....

A few sections of the tape were outdated, but the simple manner in which the person adjusts the dies and powder measure opened my eyes. I went back and re-adjusted everything and whipped out some rounds to shoot today. I gauged everything, weighted each powder charge and checked each primer for correct seat depth.

I went to the range and shot some factory stuff to warm up. I loaded 3 magazines of the home brew. I said a quick prayer because I haven't re-loaded in 25 years. I was pretty sure I did everything right and took my time....

All rounds chambered correctly, shot great and ejected without a hitch.

I went home with a great big smile and went back and finished up the balance of the bullets I had bought. Can't wait to get more components, make more ammo and go shooting more.

I agree.... you don't save money re-loading, you only shoot more.

Thank you Dillon, Brian Enos and all the others who offered me advise.

Jerry Snyder

Jerry

I also bought my Dillon from Brian, ( Is there another place that sells them? :D ) But....

I am a manuel and VCR guy, so I did as instructed. ( Note: I am terrible at putting stuff together ) It took me 2 hours and it has ALWAYS worked like a charm.

And, now about 20K later, it is just smoother and more efficient :D